Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery Wax

Team Adam's

Question

Adams_MAY08-standard-Disc-PCCP.gif

Buttery Wax

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-28-buttery-wax-16oz.aspx

28.jpg

Buttery Wax is the easiest to use, shiniest liquid wax available today. For use in any weather condition, this wax literally falls off with the swipe of a microfiber towel. Buttery Wax is a polymer and Carnauba blend, offering the best of both modern and classic technologies. Buttery Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Always treat an imperfect finish with Adam’s Clay Bar and Revive Polish before applying Butter Wax. Our new16-oz bottle will cover many vehicles, especially when used sparingly as recommended. Suitable for application in the sun or shade, and in hot or cool temperatures.

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I have tried many "waxes" over the years. Some are great, some not, but I have consistantly gone back to Adam's Buttery Wax. It's ease of use, I can do the whole preprepted car in less than 30 minutes. It gives a deep shine that rivels that of the top sealants for deep clear look. Although it has been available for a few years, it excells on the new hard clearcoats on Corvettes, Mercedes, Volvo, and many others, it goes on,and wipes off with ease. As far as lasting, I personally layer about 5 or 6 coats, water just bounces off, terrific product. Add Adam's Detail Spray, and you have a finish that's as deep as a mirror.:bow:

Edited by Jon P. Nusbaum

I have an expensve hot rod that has fresh paint that is like glass right now, it's in a heated garage except for nice days and shows etc, which Adam's product(s) would you recommend to maintain and enhance this glass finish?

The buttery wax for sure. Perhaps a good claying, some Revive Polish, followed up by Buttery Wax, and a little Detail Spray for a finishing touch.

The Brilliant Spray Glaze works wonders in between waxings....IMHO.

:glasses:

I have an expensve hot rod that has fresh paint that is like glass right now, it's in a heated garage except for nice days and shows etc, which Adam's product(s) would you recommend to maintain and enhance this glass finish?

How "fresh" is the paint? Just make sure it is fully cured prior to starting any detailing :2thumbs:

If it is fully cured, Mike's plan is a good one, lets see some pictures :rockon:

Haven't had a chance to use this product yet, heard some great things about it & looking forward to seeing how it copes with our awful British winter:mad:. I'm very hopeful our UK supplier has got some arriving with his shipment which is getting here soon.

I'll report back when I get the chance.

Cheers

John:uk:

Haven't had a chance to use this product yet, heard some great things about it & looking forward to seeing how it copes with our awful British winter:mad:. I'm very hopeful our UK supplier has got some arriving with his shipment which is getting here soon.

I'll report back when I get the chance.

Cheers

John:uk:

With the amount of rain you get over there I would use the Machine Super Wax first :pc:

I haven't tried the Buttery Wax or the Machine SuperWax yet and before I buy one or the other I just want to know what the difference is between them. Right now I prefer to wax my car by hand and haven't even used a PC but if the SuperWax offers something that the Buttery Wax doesn't I might have to start applying by machine. I plan on ordering everything needed to remove scratches and swirl marks and just would like to know which wax to go with.

1) What makes the Superwax need to be applied by machine?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

2) Can I apply Buttery wax by PC if I desire?<o:p></o:p>

3) Can I apply Superwax by hand in those hard to reach areas and get the same results?<o:p></o:p>

4) Does one offer more protection or shine over the other?<o:p></o:p>

Sorry for all the questions still new to Adam's.

:help:

Here is my understanding:

1) What makes the Superwax need to be applied by machine?

I don't think it MUST be applied by machine but that would be the best way to get a nice thin coat of it as it is thicker than Buttery Wax<o:p></o:p>

2) Can I apply Buttery wax by PC if I desire?

Sure can !!!!<o:p></o:p>

3) Can I apply Superwax by hand in those hard to reach areas and get the same results?

Absolutely !!!!<o:p></o:p>

4) Does one offer more protection or shine over the other?

The MSW is more of a sealant and will last longer, better for cars not garaged. But you can still put Butttery Wax over the MSW to get that nice wet look :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for answering all my questions. I think I'll go with the Buttery Wax I can use less to get the same job done and it's cheaper. I'll probably end up applying multiple coats. Now I just need to find a good place to buy my PC. I don't see the link on Adam's to the site that had it and I cant remember what it was.

Thanks for answering all my questions. I think I'll go with the Buttery Wax I can use less to get the same job done and it's cheaper. I'll probably end up applying multiple coats. Now I just need to find a good place to buy my PC. I don't see the link on Adam's to the site that had it and I cant remember what it was.

I think Gerry is right, ToolsPlus was the link on the Adam's site.

One thing to remember, the MSW is more expensive BUT when putting it on with the PC a little goes a really really long way and it is long lasting so it will leave a nice base coat on the car. That one bottle will last a long time.

So you might want to try a coat of MSW followed by BW to get started in the spring and fall then if you are using the Adams car wash just the BW when needed after a wash.

Also you mentioned putting multiple layers of BW on, I think Adam mentioned once that during testing no additional wetness or depth of shine were seen after the first three coats were applied. Hope that helps :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:Thanks again guys I'll probably be making my order this monday or tuesday. I'll let you know what I end up getting. I might have some more questions later on about the PC. I've never used one but I've been watching Adam's videos over and over and I think I'm ready to give it a shot. The only question I have right now is howmany times can you polish before the paint starts to get thin? Is the PC only correcting the clearcoat and not even touching the paint? I know these questions are kind of basic but I'm still new to all the machine use.

the PC will not damage your paint. A rotary buffer can burn your clear coat if not used properly, but the PC is a random orbital so there's next to zero chance of doing harm. the PC + swirl&haze remover and/or fine machine polish will remove the fine scratches in your clearcoat so they aren't visible, allowing the light to reflect 100% in the paint itself

it's a good idea to have both. You can use the machine superwax twice a year (first detail for the spring and last detail before winter) to put a layer of protection on your paint (MSW lasts for months). then use the buttery wax by hand about once a month after washing to maintain your shine. That's what I'm doing for our daily drivers that aren't garaged. :2thumbs:

It is getting to be boating season..time to Adomize the boat. I know the products will work on the deck as it has been clear coated over the gel coat.What do you all think about the staying power on the hull sides? I boat in fresh water Thanks Daryl

post-358-136817998517_thumb.jpg

It is getting to be boating season..time to Adomize the boat. I know the products will work on the deck as it has been clear coated over the gel coat.What do you all think about the staying power on the hull sides? I boat in fresh water Thanks Daryl

Nice Fountain Daryl, my dad had a 42' Lightning with blown 540's :rockon::rockon:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:Wow Daryl, that's a serious vessel! Very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So, I've got a few questions:

1. Do you keep it in the water all season?
  2. At the end of the day, do you rinse it down?

Waxing before you drop it in is always a great idea, if possible. I'd use the Machine SuperWax, as it's basically a sealant.

Then, after each time it's pulled out, rinse the boat, spray it with Detail Spray, and dry it with an Absorber.

Finish the glass and chrome with one of our MF Drying Towels, and walla! Nice and perfect boat!

Let me know how you keep the boat, and I'll get back with more thoughts.

Thanks, and again, nice boat!!:thumbsup:

Adam I keep it on a lift all season stays out of water. I usually do not rinse.We give it a great wax beginning of season while on the trailer..mid season and before winter. 42 ft times 2 hull sides and 35 ft of bow.. if i waxed every time I would have no time to :cheers: I really keep up on the bow all season.. just want to do hull sides while on the trailer.. on the lift its a no can do. I am thinking the machine wax buttery wax combo on the hull sides is the ticket.

Thanks D.