Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Member from Kentucky

MrVette83

Hello all. Just checking in saying hi. Some of you may recognize me from the same name over at DigitalCorvettes. I talked there a little bit with XQIZT and he talked me in to joining the world of Adam's Polishes. I ordered the Junkman Total Paint Correction kit last week and according to FedEx it should arrive sometime today. I plan in the next few days to detail a few vehicles and see what I think of the products. I'll try to document the vehicles as I do them with some before, during and after pictures.

WELCOME!! I'm telling ya...you are gonna LOVE this stuff. Let us know how the detailing comes out. Before and after picts are a must. And make Junkman happy, blast that camera flash right down into the paint.

Once you've been biten by the Adam's bug, there is no going back. This stuff ROCKS. :2thumbs: But the proof will be when you can't stop staring at the results YOU achieve.

You when your Adam's box arrives ----> :mail:

WELCOME!! I'm telling ya...you are gonna LOVE this stuff. Let us know how the detailing comes out. Before and after picts are a must. And make Junkman happy, blast that camera flash right down into the paint.

You when your Adam's box arrives ----> :mail:

Hahaha. Thanks for the warm welcome.

FWIW it appears my "luck" struck again. Looks like since I ordered the products(4-26-10) they've changed the Junkman kit. If I had known that was in the pipeline I woulda waited and ordered the new kit as it has the two buckets and a gallon of detail spray. Ah well, ya win some ya lose some.

I believe you're correct with your emoticon. I'm sitting here listening for everything outside expecting it to be the FedEx guy.

Yea, it happens...but don't worry, the "old" Junkman kit is fine as well. Plus, this isn't going to be your only Adam's order...trust me.

Any issues at all with anything, stop on by here. Adam, Dylan and Ashley are customer service dynamoes and will always be sure you are 110% happy.

Now watch Junkman's video's one more time and go attack some swirls. :pc:

South Central Kentucky. On Interstate 75 south of Lexington.

A very nice state, except when my trans went out while on vacation. We were at Carter Caves and I had no cell phone service. Thankfully we were not that far from the gift shop.

Steve

Welcome Daniel, did you get hit with any of the flooding that happened down your way?

We got some mild flooding in this area. Luckily it was nothing like what Western Kentucky and the Nashville area saw.

Fdresq4. You comment that it was a really nice state except for when your trans went out. Do tell, where have you been that is nice enough to make a trans failure enjoyable. :D

We got some mild flooding in this area. Luckily it was nothing like what Western Kentucky and the Nashville area saw.

Fdresq4. You comment that it was a really nice state except for when your trans went out. Do tell, where have you been that is nice enough to make a trans failure enjoyable. :D

Yea Nashville is pretty bad...and I'm about 1.5 hrs east of you. :thumbsup:

We actually visited many spots in KY. When the trans went out, the tow truck tech was super helpful. He gave us options and we eventually ended up at a Ford Dealer right off INT. 64 near Greenup. The Service MGR., once he heard our plight, offered to do a re-build which saved us $$$$. The Rental Car company lady picked us up and asked us what happened. She ended up cutting our rental fee in half and gave us a free day. All-in-all some wonderful folks who saved our vacation.

We hope to get back there someday.

Steve

We actually visited many spots in KY. When the trans went out, the tow truck tech was super helpful. He gave us options and we eventually ended up at a Ford Dealer right off INT. 64 near Greenup. The Service MGR., once he heard our plight, offered to do a re-build which saved us $$$$. The Rental Car company lady picked us up and asked us what happened. She ended up cutting our rental fee in half and gave us a free day. All-in-all some wonderful folks who saved our vacation.

We hope to get back there someday.

Steve

Wow. Sounds like everyone you encountered made what could have been a horrible situation much easier to cope with. If you ever find occasion to make it back down this way let me know and I could suggest some things to do.

Bbrock- If you're an hour and a half due east of me....That would put you in the Pikeville area?

Thanks for the warm reception everyone. The FedEx truck finally arrived at dusk. Plan to try out my new toys tomorrow.:pc:

Well, another homeboy has joined the ranks! You're a little over an hour from me, right Daniel? Welcome to the forum and the Adam's bug!

Probably closer to 2 depending on how you drive :burnout:

Plan to start an outside wash, clay, polish and wax today. Got the kit so late yesterday couldn't do much more than take it out of the box.

Wow. Sounds like everyone you encountered made what could have been a horrible situation much easier to cope with. If you ever find occasion to make it back down this way let me know and I could suggest some things to do.

Bbrock- If you're an hour and a half due east of me....That would put you in the Pikeville area?

Thanks for the warm reception everyone. The FedEx truck finally arrived at dusk. Plan to try out my new toys tomorrow.:pc:

That is correct.

Well. I am sore as can be this morning. I polished the truck last night. Still got some mild scratched here or there, but they are MUCH better looking than they were before. I used my truck as the first test subject just to get my technique down and because I didn't care too much if I screwed up on it. I will try to start a thread about the detail job with pictures when I get them uploaded later.

So was I right? Is this stuff awesome or what?

You were correct. It is awesome. My wife kept rolling her eyes when I was like, "Okay, now, smell the SHR. Then the Buttery Wax". I will say two things though, I ordered, per your advice, the additional gallon of detail spray. But through the process of claying, polishing, waxing etc. I used less detail spray than I did all purpose cleaner. I'm out of the stuff after one vehicle. Mind you, my truck's wheel wells were completely filthy and I also used the yellow, orange, white and black pads and had to clean them up. The other thing, seriously, I ache in my arms and shoulders today. I suspect it is because of the:pc:

:2thumbs: Welcome to the addiction.

And doesn't all the stuff smell great? I make Holley smell test them all too...she thinks I'm nuts but loves how good the cars look.

Yea, APC is the other product I find goes quickly. I have a gallon of that as well. Although detailing all those cars, you'll go through a lot of DS. Look at is this way, now you've got an excuse to place another order...and to save on shipping, you might as well combine it with a few other things. :cheers:

Archived