Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Citrus Wheel Cleaner?

Been using this stuff lately...and I am starting to wonder about it. It says safe on clear, painted, metal and polished with no dilution rate. The stuff removes alot of things but it does not seem to be safe on painted and coated rims. I have noticed alot lately and started diluting it 1:1 and still am getting the same results. After today cleaning a vehicle with painted black rims I noticed that it stains the hell out of the rims. Which in turned caused me about another 45 minutes worth of working recleaning the rims to get the staining off.

Am I using the product wrong or is this stuff just that strong and not really safe on anything but tires?

Sorry to hear this Mike! I have painted black wheels on my truck as well, and have been using it since 2008 without issue. I'd suggest one thing immediately: Stop using the product!

Sometimes, and very seldom, we find that some products simply don't work for some people. Before trying to troubleshoot the heck out of the problem, stop using the product, and use our All Purpose Cleaner instead.

If you want to return the product, yours will be the first in the history of the Green Wheel Cleaner, and remember, we stand by the industry's only 110% satisfaction guarantee.

Contact us at Orders@AdamsPolishes.com so we can take care of you.

Thanks, and sorry again for the hassle.

-Adam

Sorry to hear this Mike! I have painted black wheels on my truck as well, and have been using it since 2008 without issue. I'd suggest one thing immediately: Stop using the product!

Sometimes, and very seldom, we find that some products simply don't work for some people. Before trying to troubleshoot the heck out of the problem, stop using the product, and use our All Purpose Cleaner instead.

If you want to return the product, yours will be the first in the history of the Green Wheel Cleaner, and remember, we stand by the industry's only 110% satisfaction guarantee.

Contact us at Orders@AdamsPolishes.com so we can take care of you.

Thanks, and sorry again for the hassle.

-Adam

I dont plan to return it. Like I said it only seems to happen on painted rims. Its still a great product for striping old tire dressings and grime off polished metal rims, etc. It just seems to be on painted rims where I see a problem.

Are your wheel hot when this happens?

Nope, always do the rims and tires last that way the running water from the body wash is enough to cool the rim's/brakes down.

Mine leaves some hardcore streaks sometimes but I follow the GWC with WCW immediatly and that took care of it.

Yeah it came off with some strong car wash and diluted APC.

Archived