Customer Service 866.965.0400

Porter Cable Pressure

8rad

Question

I'm confused on how much pressure to use when pcing my car.

I drew a line on my backing plate that spins about 1 rotation per second or less @4000 with a white pad with fmp, is that not enough pressure?

Should I let the line on my backing plate take longer to complete a full rotation?

How much pressure and opm should I apply for each pad? Orange (SHW), yellow(SHR), white(FMP) and black(WAX).

I usually just make sure it completes a rotation every second with most pads and speeds. :confused:

Thanks

3 answers to this question

General rule when polishing is to apply pressure till you hear the machine start to bog. That's when you have compressed the pad. I am new also and I just know that from reading posts but that is what I am going to do. Watch the Junkman videos and he will show and explain how much pressure also.

...Watch the Junkman videos and he will show and explain how much pressure also.

And I explain it in vivid detail, along with an explanation of why I do it the way I do. The information is posted on this forum. All you have to do is watch and read it. The amount of pressure is the same for the orange and white pads. There is no pressure applied at all when spreading wax. NONE, and the speed is 3 instead of 5.

Put your pc on a bathroom scale and you can see what 9-14 lbs.

That 9-14 pounds includes the weight of the polisher.

Archived