Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clear coated wheels

Toms94

Question

I want to tell you guys what I discovered. Long before I started with Adams polishes, I used some wheel cleaner (apparently not clearcoat safe) on my 99 Silverado clearcoated aluminum wheels. Well I guess you know what happened and how they looked. Since coming to Adams my pickup has looked fantastic...except for the wheels. Last night I was messing around cleaning a fogged headlamp and thought to myself "Self....I wonder what the 4" pads would do for those crappy looking wheels." So I went at one of the wheels and to my surprise it cleaned up quite a bit of the damage done from that wheel cleaner.

Now before anyone gets on the bandwagon about pictures, I DID NOT take any before (what was I thinking), but I'll try to get some afters today. I'm just so excited.

9 answers to this question

All the clear was intact, they were just terribly hazed. I do have a little corrosion on a couple of wheels, which I probably need to take some sandpaper to. I'll try to get some pictures taken today.

So far all I have gotten done is a little SHR on a yellow pad.

Not sure these really show the improvement...really needed to take some befores....:help: The wheels were almost white with the haze before. 4" pads on a corded 3/8" VSR drill.

WheelDetail003.jpg

WheelDetail001.jpg

Archived