Customer Service 866.965.0400

Truck Detail

duramaxsky

Question

I have A 2003 Silverado 2500 HD diesel. It had water spots all over and swirl marks. It was not real shiny. I first debadged it except the Duramax Diesel emblems and also removed the ugly black strips from the doors. I removed the 4X4 stickers. I painted the plastic on the front bumper. I am going to paint and reinstall the fender flairs as the tires stick out and will fling stuff on the paint. I had black powder coated step bars. They were rusting under the powder coat so I replaced them with Stainless Steel chromed bars. I went to the Portland detail clinic. I live in the Seattle area but wanted to make sure I could do this. I had some Adams products including the 3' pad set for removing water spots for the glass sealer. I purchased the polisher and A few other things I wanted at the clinic. I fixed some surface scratches and cleaned up where stuff was removed with the 3' set. I then used the polisher as directed and applied 2 coats of MSW after that. I did use Adams clay bar first. I used the glass sealant. I used BSG on all the Chrome and VRT on all the remaining plastic and tires. I have been using VRT for about A year now and the good news is it removes easy for painting. The other protectants will make painting tough. I also sprayed A 50 50 mix of VRT on the spray on bed liner. It made it look black again. It was looking gray. I am so pleased with the outcome. It has A few minor defects but they are hard to see. I want to keep this truck A long time as I am unwilling to deal with the new emissions garbage on the new diesels. The Adams stuff was easy to use and worked very well. More time was spent debadgeing and painting. It takes a lot of work to get textured plastic ready to paint. Now to do my SKy. It has minor swirl marks from washing before seeing how to wash it right. They are less than I thought after just washing with Adams products as shown in the videos. That makes it look better on its own. :2thumbs::banana::cheers:

10 answers to this question

It is level but the front is parked near a drain. Not stock at all. It has edge with attitude with hot unlocked. A banks technocooler intercooler and wastegate valve, 4 " exhaust and airaid CAI. Also like the color but I like blue. My Sky is midnight blue.

Thanks all I had several fellow drivers at work ask of I waxed my truck. After explaining what I did one said what a waste of time its just a truck not the Sky. Another said it looked better than when I bought it new.

Archived