Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cyclone's Future is changing....

Cyclone

I have been thinking for a couple months now about what to do. I have been dragging my feet on the engine swap, and soon you will know why everything is for sale. I am going a different direction with my truck (literally a different direction now :lolsmack:)

I thought about trading it in, and even test drove a H2... but since then have decided to keep it, and modify... or rather re-modify it :help:

I went down and talked with a buddy of mine who owns a off road & customs shop here in town and decided on the final results for what I am doing

We looked at a couple options and I am going to be getting a 7.5" Fabtech lift 7.5" Performance System w/ Performance Shocks - 1997-03 Ford F150 / 2004 Heritage 2WD Truck 5 Lug / F250 7 Lug

1052.jpg

Along with some 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers and 18" Rock Star rims looking like this...

black_rockstar_nttg_355_60_20_001.jpg

I also have a 3" body lift that I am going to put on the shelf just if I want to go a little higher in the future!

Along with doing this, I am swapping over the rear axle and putting in the 9.75" with 3:73's and if I do decide to go higher in the future with 38's I can re-gear at that point.

Along with this I am making minor changes here and there just to make it a little different from how it is now and also placing a order for some nice black tubes with steps so I can actually get up into the dang thing when it is all done!

This is going to be a interesting change for me, and I think I am going to LOVE IT!

Edit* The picture shows a customs shop, that is a random picture and I do not know or endorse them.

So this is my truck in all her glory as a lowered street truck... Soon to become a lifted mud..... ok FINE, she will be just a lifted pavement queen :jester:

Fresh%20Wax%20053%20copy%20%28Large%29.jpg

Nice! I have the 9.75 with stock 3.55's in my 4x4 with the limited slip. Bin the stock limited slip. It SUCKS!

Looks like a neat change. I'd still run the lightning motor in it though.

I know my 5.4 is a gutless wonder... I DO have the first gen 5.4 though. Still... Compared to my G8 it feels like I'm pulling an anchor all the time.

Still love my Ford! 92,000 miles!

Why are you not still swapping in the L motor? I think its going to look pretty killer when its done, I've always liked that DSG on F-150's. Taking the street bars off and getting some steps helps a lot, what ones have you been looking at?

Also if you are swapping the rear end in are you putting gears in it or did it come with the 3.73's? 3.73's and the 5.4 is a bit undergeared IMO, 4.10's would probably be a bit better bet or even 4.56's if you're going bigger in the future.

Well, today has been one hell of a day!

And let me just say I am loving life right now. Got a huge promotion at work today and also have sold through some parts enough to go ahead and buy the new items for the truck. The new position at work will sorta mess with me a little bit on scheduling since I will not be in the position to have a day off during the week for a while, but hopefully I can coordinate through the phone with my buddy to get everything ordered.

So at some point next week when I have a free moment or two, I will be calling and discussing details on all the parts and placing the order for everything I need.

My goal is to have a picture of my truck outside the shop like it sits today, and another picture in the same spot with a 100% new attitude.

Going to be ordering the 7.5" lift, 20" Rock Stars, 35" tires, and also ordering anything else needed to get everything 100% done at one time without having to mess with anything a second time. Now life is never perfect, so the chance of this is minimal, but I might get lucky.

Bottom line, depending on how fast he gets the parts I could have a "new" truck by the end of next week

Look forward to seeing it. That pic you used to photoshop looks familiar from the white truck on LR, can't remember his name at the moment...lol.

Can't wait to see it, those rims are gonna look Sick with that DSG color.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived