Customer Service 866.965.0400

Laguna, did the tornado come near you?

Captain Slow

EF2 Tornado Confirmed at Dwight, Storm Surveys Continue Today

An NWS survey team has confirmed an EF2 Tornado at Dwight. At about 9:30 pm Saturday a tornado struck a mobile home park about 1/4 mile south of IL Route 17 and 1/2 mile east of I-55. There were at least 6 injuries, 1 serious. Several more people were treated at the scene. Approximately 12 mobile homes were destroyed, with several more seriously damaged and rendered uninhabitable.

A total of 4 survey teams were dispatched this morning by the National Weather Service to survey storm damaged areas from last night. Survey areas include Streator, Dwight, and St. Anne. Teams will determine the cause of the damage, in many cases it is expected to be due to tornado. In the event of tornado, it's strength and magnitude will be determined, along with path length and width. This information will be reported as soon as it is determined on the National Weather Service Chicago website.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/tornadoes-hit-peoria-streator-dwight-kankakee.html

I was watching the tornado on radar last night and remembered your offer if I needed any help with my new found love of Adam's products.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6773&page=2

Here is a copy of a section of the storm reports from NOAA.GOV:

1023 PM TORNADO 2 N ST. ANNE 41.05N 87.72W

06/05/2010 KANKAKEE IL TRAINED SPOTTER

2 TORNADOS ON GROUND.

1055 PM TORNADO 2 N ST. ANNE 41.05N 87.72W

TREES AND POWER LINES DOWN. RUPTURED GAS LINES. FIRE

DEPARTMENT ON SCENE.

1055 PM TORNADO ST. ANNE 41.02N 87.72W

HOUSE DESTROYED AT INTERSECTION 3795S AND 6000E

1057 PM TORNADO 3 N ST. ANNE 41.06N 87.72W

(Please note that where it says Kankakee IL below ST. ANNE that is referring to the county, not the city.)

Here is an update of the storm survey done today for last night's tornado:

St. Anne Tornado - June 5, 2010

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="300"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Maximum Tornado Intensity:</td> <td>EF-3</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Estimated Maximum Winds: </td> <td>140 mph</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Estimated Maximum Path Width:</td> <td>175 yards</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tornado Path Length:</td> <td>7.8 miles</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tornado Began:</td> <td>10:18 PM CDT</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tornado Lifted:</td> <td>10:37 PM CDT</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

At around 10:18 PM CDT another tornado touched down approximately 3 miles northwest of St. Anne in Kankakee county. The tornado developed just west of Rd 6000E and tracked to the east where it produced damage to a home and a garage along this road. At this location, a single family home collapsed upon itself leaving it inhabitable with the garage sustaining damage to its roof and exterior walls. The tornado was rated EF-2 with winds estimated at around 110 mph and a path width of 50 yards.

The tornado continued to move to the east northeast where it increased in intensity as it encountered yet another family home at the intersection of Route 1 and Rd 4000S. This home and the garage/barn next to it sustained considerable damage also leaving the home inhabitable. The damage to the home consisted of all the walls collapsing with all remaining debris from the house tossed to the northeast. The garage also had its walls collapse with the contents inside of it tossed to the east. Two four-wheelers and a four-door automobile inside the garage were lifted and flipped over as the tornado passed. Damage just to the north of this home along Route 1 consisted of minor structure damage to a couple of homes and several trees uprooted to the southeast, with all damage in this location laying in a convergent manner to the east. Damage at this location was rated EF-3 with winds estimated at around 140 mph and a path width of 175 yards.

As this tornado continued, it moved to the northeast while it lost its intensity as it came across another residence at the intersection of Rd 4000S and Rd 8500E. Here, the house sustained partial damage to its roof with several surrounding trees having limbs sheared at the top. With the tornado weakening at this point, damage was rated EF-1 with winds estimated at around 100 mph and a path width of 50 yards.

The tornado moved to the northeast through a wooded area providing damage to many trees along its way. The more significant damage occurred near the intersection of Rd 13000E and Gamble Rd in the Hopkins Park area where several healthy large hardwood tree tops were sheared/broken. Some residences observed damage as these trees fell upon their homes. The tornado continued to weaken with damage rated EF-1 with winds estimate at around 88 mph and a path width of 50 yards. It was along Rd 13000E where the tornado appeared to lift with no other damage evident beyond this point.

Survey team of Rodriguez/Cowan

:xfingers: Hope all is well on your end. We had nothing but a little rumble of thunder and .15" of rain.

Normally I would have had some radar captures of this but I was out of town all weekend so I was away from my dedicated weather computer. (yes I'm a nerd) As a meteorologist you hate see injury, damage, and death, but you love severe weather at the same time.

Normally I would have had some radar captures of this but I was out of town all weekend so I was away from my dedicated weather computer. (yes I'm a nerd) As a meteorologist you hate see injury, damage, and death, but you love severe weather at the same time.

Jason you are a meteorologist?:confused:

Archived