Customer Service 866.965.0400

Uncle Bob's Storage, Norfolk, VA...any experience

MajCTS-V

Good Morning everyone,

Well it is time for our PCS to Langley AFB. So tomorrow, I am driving from Eglin AFB (Fort Walton Beach area), FL to Norfolk, VA...the plan is to drive the Charger SRT8 and place it in storage (enclosed, climate control) for about two weeks and then fly back here. The next week, o/a the 19th, the wife and I will head out again on the drive, me driving the CTS-V and the wife her Jeep SRT8.

My question is about the storage...I found Uncle Bob's Storage on line last night doing some research. Interesting, the storage stay will be free because I will be there less than a month and they have great specials (the corporate office reservations confirmed that)...they said it happens all the time...sounds like a good company, just wondering if anyone has experience...

I am leaving FL tomorrow, staying in Sumter, SC and finishing the drive the next, and then fly back here on Friday morning.

Thanks in advance

Scott

I am not familiar with that company. I don't go to Norfolk very often b/c it's not really a safe city...but that is just my two cents. I have not heard anything bad about that storage facility and from what I saw online, it does appear to be one of the better ones in the area. Good luck in your move.

Any other suggestions for a vehicle storage?

I am driving up tomorrow and will be in the area on Weds...the goal is to store the Charger until the 23rd of June, when I move the rest of the family.

I picked Uncle Bob's because it was close to Norfolk airport (flight out first thing Thurs am)...but I am concerned as well as the safety of the city.

Thanks in advance...

I am not sure if you are going to check this before you get in town or not but I am checking with friends who live near that town to see if they know what's the safest/best for your area.

I'll PM you my number just in case you have any questions and I am not on here. I will post anything I get back from my friends on here for you.

Perfect...thanks...I reserved a unit via the internet and will call them in the morning...I will provide feedback after I get settled into the hotel tomorrow night before my Thurs AM flight out...

Ok, here is the best one that we know of in the area.

http://www.tdstorage.com/index.html

The security is pretty tight at this location and it's not too much farther than where bob's was located. Prices seem reasonable as well.

I hope this helps you.

:)

Brandi,

Really appreciate it...thanks

I am not sure if you are going to check this before you get in town or not but I am checking with friends who live near that town to see if they know what's the safest/best for your area.

I'll PM you my number just in case you have any questions and I am not on here. I will post anything I get back from my friends on here for you.

You are very welcome. I hope it works out for you. The other ones in the area were in shady locations. That one seems to be the most reasonable area and they have a triple security at that facility. :)

Archived