Customer Service 866.965.0400

Outstanding!!!

PB3

Question

*MODS, if this is in the wrong area please feel free to move*

Alright, it took months of deliberation to even get me to consider using a PC. After countless hours of researching and viewing the amazing results from users I finally took the plunge into ordering a PC kit. It sat in a box for a week before I even plugged it in. I would get home from work and have conversations with it. Telling the PC how I would enjoy slowly destroying it should it do damage to the car was the conversation everyday. I even tried to convince myself that although my car had very lite marring, a PC was not nessesary and to just abort the mission. Before I ordered the PC I tried the Hex pad application process. Due to me not properly applying the product I did more harm than good. So trying to trust myself to use this machine on the paint was pure h*ll.

It was 11pm last night that I had this itch to just try it. Got my work area prepped and reviewed Junkmans "slow cut" process, PC videos, and the Adam's DVD one more time before I dove in.

I didn't go with the SHR on the slow cut process. I didnt think the marring of the paint was severe enough to use it. I started off with the FMP. After I followed all of Junkmans steps on the slow cut, I noticed some of the marring was gone but the deeper ones were still there. So, I cranked the PC up to 5, 3 pea size drops of SHR, and went to work. :pc:

GONE! I never thought I could actually get the results on the first try! I only had enough energy to do half the hood but hot d*mn, that side is a thing of beauty! I wish there was a copy and paste function for real life situations. I would copy that section and paste it all over the car.

Thanks to Adams for making their products so USER friendly and offering great sources of info to help guide this rookie to success! I am currently struggling to get by today with the lact of sleep I had but I woke up like a kid on Christmas morning knowing that I could come home everyday and slowly knock this car out with my new toy!

So, to those who are a little skeptical about a PC and Adams products and happen to come across this thread...DO IT!

GO LA!

7 answers to this question

Thanks everyone for the replies :2thumbs:

Last night after after I got home I worked on the roof, second half of the hood, and trunk. After I finished I drove over to the Shell station to check out the results under the bright lights. Overall I am amazed with the results. I did notice some areas on the parts I worked that some of marring was still there. I guess I need to rework those areas with the SHR again.

The trunk is where I noticed the most of the presistant marring.Vinyl stripes run the down the middle of the trunk. I taped them off and worked the small area of exposed paint. I felt the truck after the SHR and it felt a little warm so I backed off the pressure. I am guessing since it is a small area the pad was consentrated in one area and not giving it time to cool down. Is the temp increase normal? Should I attack it again and not worry too much about the temp increase?

One more thing. I have been working in sections. Do I need to apply more product to the pad with every section I do? From the areas I did yesterday I would say I broke it down into 5 or 6 sections. Towards the end it started to dust. I didn't know if it was because I took a break for 30 mins and the SHR dried up or something else I might have done wrong.

I will definitely be posting before and after pics real soon!

Archived