Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tornados in the Midwest

Laguna

Had about 5-6 tornados within a 25 mile radius of my home. One was about 3 miles away and was 400ft wide.

Destroyed a home of a really nice family that I see often at Best Buy. :(

Pray for all the people in Streator, IL and Dwight, IL....they had 2 tornados rip through those towns and cause a lot of damage. As well as elsewhere around the country.

My mom and grandma sat in the basement bathroom with all of our paperwork and photos while my dad and I had to hand bucket water out from our back stairs because it was almost going to overflow into our basement. It was raining about tropical storm+ levels. 2" of rain in 1 hour.

PS: I washed the car the next day and then it rained 30 minutes later too. :(

We also had a tornado about 25 miles from me at 2:15 am yesterday.

It tore apart Cabelas Sporting Goods Store and Splash City which is a water park. It also flattened a few homes and damaged part of Fermi which is a Nuclear Plant on Lake Erie.

I guess it would have been much worse had it hit during the daytime.

Scary stuff. :willy:

Glad you are ok....scary stuff. These storms are getting more violent every year it seems. I live in the DFW area, and we tend to watch a whole lot of it sweep just to our north into Oklahoma. I feel sorry for them folks up there sometimes, they get back to back days of it sometimes it seems. :(

We also had a tornado about 25 miles from me at 2:15 am yesterday.

It tore apart Cabelas Sporting Goods Store and Splash City which is a water park. It also flattened a few homes and damaged part of Fermi which is a Nuclear Plant on Lake Erie.

I guess it would have been much worse had it hit during the daytime.

Scary stuff. :willy:

That's less than 10 miles from my new home. The 1 that hot Fermi also hit Stoney Pointe & Estral Beach. Estral Beach is where I grew up in the same house my father did. Lots of friends & family affected by this.

That's less than 10 miles from my new home. The 1 that hot Fermi also hit Stoney Pointe & Estral Beach. Estral Beach is where I grew up in the same house my father did. Lots of friends & family affected by this.

Ryan,

I am so glad that your new home didn't get hit. The pics I have seen on the news are unbelieveable.

I had a small lake in my backyard on Sunday morning when I woke up. It flooded my garage but thats about it.

News coverage doesn't do it justice. I went for a little ride through Dundee yesterday, and was very surprised by the concentration of attention on Splash Universe. Peoples homes were devestated and all the news vans were at the water park???

I feel for the people who lost "things" but that's what insurance is for. And luckily there were no fatalities. That's THE most important thing.

Archived