Customer Service 866.965.0400

drying

johnb

i am new to polishing with adams and the problem i have been happening is that the shr seems to dry out fairly quick

What method are you using to apply and work the SHR? Are you doing this with a PC or are you using the Hex pad to do it with? You might be using too much product, but we need to know your method of application and then we should be able to lead you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

What method are you using to apply and work the SHR? Are you doing this with a PC or are you using the Hex pad to do it with? You might be using too much product, but we need to know your method of application and then we should be able to lead you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

i have the 7424 xp been primeing the pad and putting a bead around the adams killer pad and it seems like i am not getting working time with it i watched the videos

i have the 7424 xp been primeing the pad and putting a bead around the adams killer pad and it seems like i am not getting working time with it i watched the videos

Make sure your in a shady area like a garage or under a EZ-Up. Make sure the paint is cool to the touch... The polishes don't like sun & heat very much, it causes them to dry out quickly. Priming is very important as well.

Your probably don't want to just put a bead around the outside of the pad.. You want about 3 blueberry sized dots of polish in a triangle torwards the 1/2 way point of the pad. Watch Junkman's videos on how much product to use, and where to place the polish on the pads.

When you work the product a bit and you think it is getting dry, stop polishing and give the pad a spritz of detail spray, then go again. It kind of reactivates the product in the pad, and also will help the pad from getting a lot of buildup. If those little canyons between the raised hex shapes on the pads get filled up, the product won't work well at all (take it from me) and it does not work as long either.

Make sure your in a shady area like a garage or under a EZ-Up. Make sure the paint is cool to the touch... The polishes don't like sun & heat very much, it causes them to dry out quickly. Priming is very important as well.

Your probably don't want to just put a bead around the outside of the pad.. You want about 3 blueberry sized dots of polish in a triangle torwards the 1/2 way point of the pad. Watch Junkman's videos on how much product to use, and where to place the polish on the pads.

:iagree:

Go with exactly what Ryan said......putting a bead around the outside edge is way too much SHR......that alone will cause it to dust really bad and over saturate the pad, causing it not to do any cutting at all.

Practice makes perfect, try some of the advice here, and see how that works out and get back to us. :2thumbs:

Archived