Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rookie from Lambertville, MI

Tru-Blu

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site and new to detailing. I've been getting a crash course (pun not intended) in auto detailing through a few references from members of a Lincoln board that I'm a member of. It's been amazing (and extremely shameful) in realizing just how many things that I've been doing wrong or not doing at all. While I've always been pretty diligent in a weekly washing and semi-monthly waxing regimen for my cars, the extent of my experience and technique pretty much stopped there. I have never done a paint correction, and only introduced clar barring into my prep process as of last year. I've never used professional level products for any of my detailing - it's always been Meguiar's over-the-counter washes, waxes, and detailing products. As I stated earlier - I have a lot to learn.

I'm still need to learn on what I should be looking for in truly diagnosing the condition of a car's finish. Some things are fairly obvious to spot (again, pun not intended), but others are probably more difficult unless you've got some more experience under your belt and/or are a professional.

The first thing I've done is to start getting some better product and tools. I purchased a PC 7422XP kit containing Menzerna polishes from detailersdomain.com, and added Collinite 845 sealant and Lusso Oro paste, as well as some other cleaner and wash products. This was before I really knew about Adam's products.

Last night I found some video clips on DetailersDomain showing Adam's products. I watched Adam go through various products in detailing a Ferrari and was thoroughly impressed with the different products his company has, and the tips he provided within the videos.

I definitely want to get some of what Adam's offers, and hopefully get me well on my way to being a much better car care guy.

Thanks for reading,

Tru-Blu (Todd Ridner)

Todd, go HERE and watch the Junkman Video Series. Those along with all the Adams Videos on the site will help. I learned some new tips and tricks that helped me. Also there are TONS of people on here that will try to help you in any way we can.

:welcomebanner::welcome: Let your Addiction Begin!

Kustom, ask and ye shall receive!

Tru-LS2.jpg

Tru-LS1.jpg

Tru-LS6.jpg

These are from the first day I brought it home last August. I've replaced the stereo system and speakers, put in a cold air intake kit, Eibach lowering springs, and some other miscellaneous mods/adds. I'll try to get some updated pics up after she gets properly "dressed."

New wheels, rotors, and muffler/tips are coming soon too.

Thanks,

TRU

The finish on it is decent, but it's only had clay bar and Meguiar's NXT 2.0 on it so far. There's probably some swirls, but not a lot of spider-webbing. I'll be curious to see the difference the PC makes with the polishes.

TRU

Archived