Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why I own a truck

MrVette83

So we own a small family business and we run about 12-15 tractor trailers over the road. As such I use my truck to run parts all the time. This is the reason I can't have a Vette as my DD. As you can see below, attempting to haul 8 LP 24.5 tires and 2 Yamaha 18" cabinets in the trunk of a Vette would be, umm, interesting to say the least. So, quite a few of you on here have trucks. What do you use yours for? Because let's be honest, even with Denalies, King Ranches and Laramies on the market, trucks are still a tool.

Truckload.jpg

Well this isn't a great picture but you get the idea.

100409_193501-1.jpg

We use our trucks to work, and work hard. This has a bed from Knaphide (sp?) that is all tool boxes and a fuel tank for filling up tractors. It's basically our support truck for if something breaks in the field.

Then here is the work horse.

cumminspower.jpg

It gets all the towing jobs. We pull a gooseneck with seed corn with it as well as various other things.

newram.jpg

So while most trucks out there never do a days work, we work ours extra hard to make up for those poor city trucks that never get a work out.

BTW you could totally fit all that stuff in your truck in a Vette. lol

My truck gets used as a truck...plus easy reliable transportation. We just ran a car show photo shoot out of the covered bed this weekend. My lil Colorado sat and idled in 90+ degree weather for 5 hours without issue. :thumbsup: Maybe I'll give it some Adam's lovin' this weekend for a job well done.

Yeah, my truck needs some Adam's love after yesterday. I took it off roading far enough that my wife closed her eyes in places. The truck itself isn't really all that bad. The lower half and all the fender wells, is horrible.

Put the Avalanche to work this weekend... went to home depot and rented a 20" wide rear tine tiller to get the backyard ready for grass. After all the tool rental guys got done commenting on how clean it was and the wheels I drove that tiller up a set of ramps, into the back, and home I went.

I don't use it "like a truck" often so it was nice to know I could get a big heavy piece of machinery in the back without issue.

Archived