Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam we need a clinic with Junkman in Va Beach!

Best Weekend for a VA Beach Show/ Clinic?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Best Weekend for a VA Beach Show/ Clinic?

• September 18 - The Junkman Live Clinic
    • November 20 - Junkman w/ the Adam's Team Show & Clinic

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three of us are doing the same thing ....I've mentioned it before in my previous threads. I had about 10 folks from work, local area who wanted to go but aren't "forum" kinds of folks. A new guy from the area I recruited got his BMW/SLK folks to say they would join in.

I gave up on this after talking to Dylan a few weeks ago. I was under the impression it was a done deal, we just needed to choose a date since Adam had a friend here with a body shop. We just needed to confirm the date. Getting peeps there would have been no trouble at all.

Also, after speaking with Dylan he said we would need to find another location. I am relatively new to the area with very little contacts in the area. No family, just tbss friends & co-workers/friends.

The only place I can even think of is Colonial Chevy up in Hampton. I know for a fact that the Corvette Club has put on car shows in their parking lot to the side. It wasn't hard for them to run electrical out to the area. Lots of vendors and about 100+ cars on display. If push came to shove they have a descent size body shop that "MIGHT" be open? However I never could make the contact with them about it. Ultimately I quit working on it after talking to Dylan.

Now for 11/20 I am going to Tail of the Dragon!! LOL

My wife works for the Hall auto group and is exactly right across the street from their Chevy dealership so I can ask if they would be willing to work something out if this gets back on track. I can't make any promises because they are somewhat a**es at times but I can at least ask, all they can do is say no.

My wife works for the Hall auto group and is exactly right across the street from their Chevy dealership so I can ask if they would be willing to work something out if this gets back on track. I can't make any promises because they are somewhat a**es at times but I can at least ask, all they can do is say no.

In order to get something like this off the ground, you have to be able to show where there is "value added" to the organization that you want to put on the clinic. Chances are, most places that you check with have never heard of Adam's. Meguiar's, yes. Mother's, yes. Adam's, Zaino, Griot's and any other brand that does not sit on a shelf at Auto Zone is probably not a brand that they have ever heard of. Thus, they will not be inclined to turn over part of their business for something that they may feel will cost them instead of making them money. So how do you convince them?

There are threads on this forum of clinics that have been put on. Use them to your advantage. The key to making a convincing proposal is to show the powers that be the number of people who attend these events. Grabiak clinics are a perfect example. If you can convince a organization that you can put those kinds of numbers through their doors, they will be more than interested. Heads in the business means possible sales. Dealerships love that.

If you can show the numbers, you will have no problem getting an organization that is trying to get people to come through their doors the advantage of hosting an event like this. It has to be to their advantage.

I will definitely take those words of advice, I greatly appreciate the insight Junkman. She is going to ask basically a feeler to see if its worth putting a proposal together for them at all because like I said, they are washy about certain things but are completely open to other stuff. We'll see, it's a long shot but I'd rather try something than nothing.

The reason she is putting a feeler out there first is because she remembers hearing about one or two of the dealerships having their own personal line of products so obviously, if they are one of them, it will be a no.

Hello my Virginia Friends! it looks like we will need to re-schedule this event to a time where we can rally a few more shine freaks! 20 people won't quite get our team to Virginia Beach this month, unfortunately. . . :(

We can get a poll going again, and look at a month that makes sense for more of you, good plan? I'd like to get at least 50 people interested in the event so we can come out with both barrels blazing!

If we can't send the whole team out for the event, maybe we can send one of our stellar customers enough product to host a clinic, and answer questions?

I'm all ears, and thanks for the invite to the Beach!!:2thumbs:

I would like to see this happen but I completely understand that you have to have enough interest to make it worth while.......but I will be watching to see if you make it back to Zips Corvettes I can take the trip up there if you go back. Thats were I have been getting some stuff to avoid shipping time and cost.

I'm sure we will get you here at some point.:2thumbs:

Archived