Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie from GA

phil.s.

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site, so i thought i stop by and say hi. I don't have any machine polishing experience but thanks to junkman's videos on youtube i found this site and i found adams products, and decided to give it a try. UPS just drop my Adam's Complete 7424XP D/A Car Polishing Kit. Cant wait to put my hands on it :drool:

I'm watching "Junkman's, How To Restore Your Finish" videos, and in his second video he's giving tips on how to use PC 7424XP. He said you have to use the correct counterweight. Here is the confusing part. Mine came pre installed with backing plate that says on the back " for 6in " I tried adams pad and it fits perfectly on backing plate. So should i go ahead and also get 5" backing plate? Or should i get a 6" counterweight? Kinda confusing. I dont want start working on my car until i clarify this.

One more thing. It says on the the box that it comes with polishing pad, but there is no pad in the box, just polisher, side handle, wrench and manual

Thanks

Glad to be the part of the clan:D

Welcome aboard. Maybe if we get enough Atlanta people on here we can get the Junkman to come here for a demo.

I don't know about the PC supplies that came in the box but I will venture a guess. Since the package you bought came with Adam's pads the one that came from PC listed on the packing list was probably tossed out. The backing plate you received is the correct one for the pads that come with the kit. I don't see a need to get a 5" backing plate unless you want to go to smaller buffing pads. When I bought my PC many years ago it came with the counterweight for both sizes if I remember correctly. Which weight is installed in your PC?

If you can't figure this stuff out give Adams a call, I'm sure they can help you.

Hello Phil, the combination of back plate and counterweight that you received has already been matched up. There is nothing left for you to do but use it. The message that I was trying to get across was for people who go out and buy different back plates.

Welcome to the forum! :welcomebanner:

Archived