Customer Service 866.965.0400

New forum member and new Adams customer from WI

1anonly

I have an 98 Corvette that I bought brand new. The car has been probably washed more times than driven, it's my baby (sorry to my 14 month old) In the past I always used Mothers or Meguiars products. Two years ago I started going on car cruises with lots of cars in the Milwaukee area and noticed how pure the paint looked on some of these cars. The guy who runs these cruises has a black Z06. The car looks like it just got dipped in paint. So I asked what he uses...his answer, only Adams. My mind was made up right there, I was making the jump to Adams. The other day I placed my first order with Adams. Before I made the order I called and talked to Dylan for about 40 minutes. He answered every question I had and explained the products I was after very well. I should be getting my first shipment this weekend and can't wait to get my hazy black car back to a deep, haze-free black. In the few days that I've been an Adams customer, I can already see that customer service is top notch. Hopefully I'll be able to post some before and after photos of my car once it's back to black.

Just wait 'til you see the results, no kidding. Even my modest efforts make mine shine to the point the neighbors are saying how shiny it is.

Did you go for the Porter Cable? I started out doing things by hand, and then just jumped in all the way, and was not sorry. With some gentle PC work, I removed some buffer damage (came with the car) that I thought would never be gone (-right on the hood, no less).

Just wait 'til you see the results, no kidding. Even my modest efforts make mine shine to the point the neighbors are saying how shiny it is.

Did you go for the Porter Cable? I started out doing things by hand, and then just jumped in all the way, and was not sorry. With some gentle PC work, I removed some buffer damage (came with the car) that I thought would never be gone (-right on the hood, no less).

Doug, I ordered a clay bar, fine machine polish, revive polish, haze and swirl remover, and buttery wax. I own a rotary buffer and Mother's powerball. I'll probably use the powerball, I don't want to be too aggressive to start. Once my Corvette is looking good, my next project will be my wife's car. It's a 03 dark red Passat that always gets neglected. That should be a true test for the Adam's products. The last couple of years I've use Mother's stuff and I was never really happy with the results. Once I seen my friend's paint on his Z06, I was ready to make the switch. I look forward to being an Adam's customer for a longggggggg time.

Dan, welcome (duh on my part) and enjoy your products. There is a lot of expertise on this forum, so if there are any questions, you have access to lots of experience with the Adams products and techniques.

And as far as black paint, I have seen Dylan's Black Avalanche (yeah, Dylan, I checked it out up close in Tustin :)) and it looked great. I first got pointed to Adams stuff from a local weekly car gathering (called "Donut Derelicts") - from a guy with a black 1950's F-100 pickup that was gorgeous - looked like black glass.

Archived