Customer Service 866.965.0400

wheels cleaned, now what?

Ian6

Question

these are the wheels on my fam's 98 deville. she sat at a car lot for 2+ years cuz we were trying to sell her, [my mom and her didnt get along so she bought her 05 deville from the same lot] and my dad was tired of driving his old suburban but didnt want to make his 04 DTS his dd so he just picked up the 98.

So I cleaned everything off the wheels, man was there alot of brake dust!

I'm pretty positive that the wheels are painted and cleared, would you agree?

So what should I do to make them look the best they can? FMP and then MSW?

Before -w/ 500 watt halogen, during the day they looked much worse

040.jpg

you can see what color the wheel is suppose to be lol

look at all that brake dust

041.jpg

After

043.jpg

044.jpg

I think they cleaned up pretty good

6 answers to this question

thanks guys I'll post pics when I'm done polishing and waxing the wheels and the car. last night I cleaned the wheels, dawn washed, and clayed. took almost 4 hours, I was taking my time but **** there was alot of crap on the clear especially the hood and trunk lid, some spots felt like 2k grit sandpaper lol

thanks guys I'll post pics when I'm done polishing and waxing the wheels and the car. last night I cleaned the wheels, dawn washed, and clayed. took almost 4 hours, I was taking my time but **** there was alot of crap on the clear especially the hood and trunk lid, some spots felt like 2k grit sandpaper lol

Oh yeah. The first claying will be the worst, and show the most dramatic improvements. After that, any subsequent claying in 3 or 6 months will seem really easy. The horizontal surfaces seem to take more effort. :)

Archived