Customer Service 866.965.0400

Top 5 Cities with lowest cost of living

DieselDude

I noticed when I signed onto the internet here at the office this article. Johnson City is one of the cities that make up the Tri-Cities here and is the city where I went to school. I do not live in Johnson City but it is a short drive with the city that I live and work in.

Top 5 Cities with the lowest cost of living

1. Fort Smith, AR

2. Pueblo, CO

3. Harlingen, TX

4. McAllen, TX

5. Johnson City, TN

5. Johnson City, Tenn.Cost-of-living index: 86.6

Metro population: 193,457

Median household income: $36,853

Avg. home price: $217,986

Affordable homes and below-average utility, transportation and health-care costs keep the cost of living low in this city on the western edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's about a two-hour drive from Charlotte, N.C., or Knoxville, Tenn. To top it off, Tennessee has no state income tax.

http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=25276254#1#q=Top%205%20cities%20with%20the%20lowest%20cost%20of%20living%3A%20Top%205%20cities%20with%20the%20lowest%20cost%20of%20living

I noticed when I signed onto the internet here at the office this article. Johnson City is one of the cities that make up the Tri-Cities here and is the city where I went to school. I do not live in Johnson City but it is a short drive with the city that I live and work in.

Top 5 Cities with the lowest cost of living

1. Fort Smith, AR

2. Pueblo, CO

3. Harlingen, TX

4. McAllen, TX

5. Johnson City, TN

Harlingen and McAllen are in the Texas Valley on the Mexican border and you would have to pay most people to move down there. And yes, I have lived in the area. Thank God it was only for a short time. And I also know they are fast growing areas and have been for some time but you have to know the area to know the real story.

Archived