Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using Adams Interior cleaning products

BlackSS

Question

I will be purchasing the Adam's interior cleaning kit and using it for the first time. Is there any dos and don'ts I need to know before use? ie. areas of the interior that will be damaged by certain products, like the window tint or the instrument cluster.

2 answers to this question

What are you using them on? Certain upholstery doesn't like cleaners...

Personally I'd remove ALL existing interior products with some leather and interior cleaner and then follow up with leather conditioner or SVRT.

Window tint WILL NOT be affected by anything for the interior. I usually clean the windows last and always use Adams glas cleaner... The stuff is awesome!

Chris

The conditioner isn't going to hurt anything, but it needs to be applied to a clean surface. Theres been cases where people have previously used an animal fat laden product like lexol and its turned to gummy goop when it met our conditioner.

Test a small, inconspicuous area with the leather cleaner at full strength before using it. Its rare that a material isn't colorfast with our cleaner, but its always best to test first. In the event you do pull up some color cut the product with water and retest. Since your car will be 'new' you may want to dilute the leather cleaner anyways... like I always say you don't need a bazooka to swat flies... don't use a full strength cleaner when all you need is light cleaning.

Other than that you should be fine.

Archived