Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do I address this trim?

BRC

Question

I have a few things I wanted to run by you guys. 

This is just a type of plastic, I believe. Does this get treated with VRT? It's all over my Grand Cherokee and I want to make sure I treat it right. 

post-15044-0-72305200-1477359452_thumb.jpg

15 answers to this question

Adams is releasing some very soon that'll probably work best for it. I'm sure someone from the team will chime in too.

Thanks! I saw that on IG, I think. I didn't want to damage the plastic by putting anything on it. On my winter prep, I didn't add any sealant or wax. 

Ok, and also this. The black part between the glass windows. It doesn't appear to be coated with paint, but rather black paint covered in glass. I'm not sure if I should add sealant to it.

post-15044-0-79391400-1477359999_thumb.jpg

You can use Guard & Gloss to hold you over for now until their new product comes out. Or quick sealant if you can find any since it was discontinued. VRT will keep it looking fresh as well.

Ok, that works. I just wanted to make sure it was safe to apply those products on these parts. 

Yup. It'll give it a nice clean and deep look.

How'd the G&G work out for you?

Worked really well so far. I'm doing Waterless every few days, and tonight is the first Waterless since I put the G&D on the wheels - I'll check back in and let you know how it turns out. I did notice that there's less to clean just a few days post application. The brakes on the front of the Grand Cherokee are huge - a ton of brake dust. I'm excited to get home from work and de-badge the rest of the car and then get it washed up!

I love the In and Out spray. It also great for smaller hard to reach spots in the engine bay.

I was just watching the video. I placed an order today for one can, but now I wish I had more! I had been wondering the best way to do the engine bay. It seems tough to do without a blower to dry it off with. 

After washing the engine bay you can let the motor run for a few minutes and it will dry out.

Oh, good to know - thanks. I'll wipe down what I can and then start the ignition.