Customer Service 866.965.0400

Average Waterless Wash Consumption

jakerodz7

Question

Question for you forum cats,

How much waterless wash do you guys and gals use on average for a quick wipe down. Say after a day or 2 of light driving max. Car does sit outside 24/7.

Last time I did my tc I used 16 oz and could have used a couple more. Just curious as to if I am over doing it. Don't want to fly through waterless if I don't have to.

Thanks for the input!

They are not the same...but functionally they are seriously equivalent. I have tried them side by side, and for this old geezer they both work fine. 

Rinseless wash is basically where you fill a bucket of water and add a couple ounces of rinseless wash and some towels. Then you grap a towel, fold in fourths, go across a panel

In straight lines, then buff the residue with a dry towel. This is for washing dirty cars without water, if the car has mud, spray it off first. I do this all winter for cars. WW is more like DS, it is for cars that don't need a RW but need a quick wash to get dust or road grime off. WW works by spraying some on a panel, then wiping in straight lines, then buffing the residue.

RW can be diluted 15 oz distilled water with 1 oz RW to make WW!

Curious, I see a few diluting Rinseless with distilled water to make WW.  What is the advantage of using the distilled water.  Thanks.

Curious, I see a few diluting Rinseless with distilled water to make WW.  What is the advantage of using the distilled water.  Thanks.

Using distilled water, especially if the dilution will be stored for a while, is considered good technique by many.

Distilled water is relatively known, and generally the same from location to location. Tap water can vary greatly by location...causing the result of diluting with tap water to varying depending on the source of the water. 

Additionally, tap water does not store as well as distilled...sometimes turning a dilution into some funky stuff over time. 

I use distilled water for all dilutions, even rinseless (Note: I don't gallons of water per rinselss wash.)

Rather than starting my own topic, could someone explain the difference between waterless wash and rinseless wash? And what each could be used for. Thanks!

Bottom line, the difference is in the name (took me a while to catch on, too):

RW uses water, but no rinse is needs to clean the product off the car. You'll need a bucket, several gallons of water, a couple ounces of RW, and several DST (preferred). Then, wipe the car down with the towels. RW is used for dirtier cars...but not caked on. As mentioned above, you can dilute RW to make a waterless wash-like solution, at a much more economical price point.

WW dos not use water. All you need is the bottle of product and a couple WW towels, and away you go. WW worked well for light dust, finger prints, etc. This stuff smells incredible, by the way.

Be sure to watch the videos on the product pages via Adam's website, as well as their video link, for more details.

They aren't exactly the same. I forget the differences as I don't use Rinseless, but they are not identical formulas.

They are not the same...but functionally they are seriously equivalent. I have tried them side by side, and for this old geezer they both work fine.

They are not the exact same thing, but they function the same and the price difference is worth using the rinseless dilution if you are a detailer like me, but true, the WW smells AMAZING! Like citrus fruit!

This is great info to have right here. I received waterless wash in my bucket and had no idea what i was going to use it for...now i know!

My favorite use is for presoaking the bugs by spraying them on the stream setting, then blasting them off with the hose!

My favorite use is for presoaking the bugs by spraying them on the stream setting, then blasting them off with the hose!

My favorite use for the WW is to sit and smell it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  :drool:

That's followed closely by actually cleaning the car. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  B)