Customer Service 866.965.0400

New interior scrubbing mitt questions

Chonke

Question

For those with the interior scrubbing mitt, do you guys use it as a utility towel replacement, or as a scrubbing agent?

For scrubbing I use a horsebrush that works great, but Im trying to see if I can get away with replacing my utility towels with a few mitts, or if they serve different purposes. 

I saw on adams video that he uses it as a wiping tool, but also noted it got dirty pretty quick. Has anyone else noted that?

7 answers to this question

The Interior Scrubbing Mitt serves a different purpose as a towel.  It is for scrubbing, like you do with a brush, but then can also wipe away the dirt.

But for regular cleaning of light dust or smudges, you would use a towel, not the mitt, since no scrubbing is required.

You saw this previous post, but I will link it for anyone else who did not:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/33388-introducing-adams-new-leather-interior-cleaner-plus-other-interior-cleaning-accessories/?p=519517

Reviving this as I'm going to use the Interior Scrubbing Mitt for the first time.

I noticed on the video that the mitt got really dirty real quick.  For those that have used this, how do you clean the mitt when it gets dirty?

I only bought one to try it out so I'll probably need to clean it a few times mid-detail.  Can I just run it through water, wring it out and keep using it?  Or maybe scrub it on a grit guard similar to a wash mitt?

3 hours ago, avimore said:

Reviving this as I'm going to use the Interior Scrubbing Mitt for the first time.

I noticed on the video that the mitt got really dirty real quick.  For those that have used this, how do you clean the mitt when it gets dirty?

I only bought one to try it out so I'll probably need to clean it a few times mid-detail.  Can I just run it through water, wring it out and keep using it?  Or maybe scrub it on a grit guard similar to a wash mitt?

Yes, just hand wash it as needed during use.  The fibers are short, so I don't think you would need to scrub it against the Grit Guard, but you could certainly try it to see how it works.

16 hours ago, TheWolf said:

Yes, just hand wash it as needed during use.  The fibers are short, so I don't think you would need to scrub it against the Grit Guard, but you could certainly try it to see how it works.

16 hours ago, Mariner said:

I washed mine several times and it’s still stained pretty brown. It still works fine, but white shows everything 

Thanks guys.

Really pleased with the Interior Scrubbing Mitt.  Took a little time to get used to it, but it worked really well on the beige leather I just worked on, here are some 50/50 shots:

26763372739_3b72aa7fd7_c.jpg

38483286766_5a9ae4d56f_c.jpg

I did have to rinse it out a few times but you could really see the dirt it pulled.  For maintenance I'll stick to the Utility Towels, but for a full detail these work great and much easier than using the Cockpit Brush imo.