Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing Glass

marauder

Question

My windshield has little nics in it, and I was looking to try and polish some out. I don't see an Adams specific product for this. Would any of their paint polishes work? If not anyone have any recommendations other products to use with my SK. 

Looking to do it on 2 different cars, a 99 miata and 16 gti. My GTI has rain sensing wipers would polishing cause any issues to that?

5 answers to this question

yea i started doing some quick research on it, and doesn't seem like it's super easy to do. Might buy a kit and try it out on the miata over the winter. Not like the track car sees lots of use this time of year anyway. Just being a 17yr old car it's got some defects I'd like to try and remove.

Any recomendations on a glass polisher brand? 

Wait a minute! You've had the same windshield for 17 years?! :o Here in CO, I'm lucky to go year or two without replacing a windshield. For some reason the road crew likes to use rocks during the winter. Saves on salt issues, but man it tears up the front ends and windshields.

Anyway, I'd think insurance could/would replace it for you if the defects are causing visibility (read: safety) issues. May want to call them and ask.

8 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Wait a minute! You've had the same windshield for 17 years?! :o Here in CO, I'm lucky to go year or two without replacing a windshield. For some reason the road crew likes to use rocks during the winter. Saves on salt issues, but man it tears up the front ends and windshields.

Anyway, I'd think insurance could/would replace it for you if the defects are causing visibility (read: safety) issues. May want to call them and ask.

As far as I know its the OEM glass on the car. The sad part is the glass on the miata with 160k miles on it is probably in just as good if not better shape than my 16 GTI with 20k on it. 

I bought a glass polish kit as it was nice and cheap. Going to give it a try on the miata and see how it goes. I'll try to do some before and afters.