Customer Service 866.965.0400

Traffic film remover, lets talk

enoch7fa

Question

As i look at utube, i do it a lot,  i notice that in Britain and Germany most of the detailers do a lot of pretreating there paint before a detail.  I started doing it when i first started came naturally to me.  but i notice that in America the detailers dont talk about pretreating a lot. why?  man it makes cleaning a car faster when that stuff is either removed or soften up so just a rinse with take it off.  how come i dont see a lot of that in American detailers? just wondering.  i wish adams would make a pretreatment i can use when i am stripping a car for a detail, or a dirty car for was or detail. what do you people use for a pretreatment if you do.  and if you dont why not.  chime in everyone please the rookie needs to be schooled some more.  

The man

The myth

The legend

The rookiee

5 answers to this question

Thought i was clear but maybe i wasn't excuse me.  ok car comes in super dirty hasn't been cleaned in months.  dirt, yellow sap, and lord knows what else.  and along the bottom of the car a layer of everything i said plus what comes from the road.  they call this traffic film i believe.  what i like to do is apply something to this stuff  let is dwell a while and rinse it off to get rid of all or most and soften up for wash.  so i was wondering if anyone else does this?  i notice on utube in Britain and Germany the detailer pretreat traffic film a lot.  covering bottom or sometimes all paint services and rinsing off before snow foaming and washing.  i been testing and i notice that when i pretreat ( best terminology i can think of)  the dirty and lord knows what else comes off so much better and easier than just snow foaming.  after the pretreat i contact wash and cars seem to be much cleaner.  i dont have to worry bout using my polisher and finding my pads getting dirty, or when i surface prep with the chemical adams has for that and look at my towel it has dirt on it.  dont know how much better to say what i am asking

Okay, got it.  You can use Rinseless or Waterless Wash and spray it on, or you can use the Foam Gun or the I.5K and the Ultra Foam Shampoo, spray it on , and let it soak a bit before washing. Any of these will loosen up the road dirt and will let the dirt roll off before washing.  Saves you from getting a lot of dirt in your wash water and mitt. 

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/carwashing/adam-s-ik-foam-sprayer-ultra-foam-combo.html

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/carwashing/adam-s-waterless-car-wash.html

19 hours ago, falcaineer said:

After doing what Rich says, keep in mind this is also the point of clay. To remove any bonded contaminants on the clear coat, that is. You can also decon with the new Iron Remover, then clay.

Absolutely, but you don't have to do that every time you want to wash your car.  I usually do that in Spring after all the salt and cinder is off the road.  You definitely want to do it at least once a  year.