Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Paint Coating Kit Questions

BigBlue2007

Question

I am thinking of purchasing the Ceramic Paint Coating kit to apply to my 2017 Ford Escape daily driver. I clayed the paint, performed a paint correction (finishing polish), sealed (Paint Sealant), glazed (Brilliant Glaze/Old Formula), and added Buttery Wax to finish it off last Saturday. So what is everyone's opinion of the the Ceramic Coating? Is it easy to apply? How long has it lasted everyone, etc?

This is a picture after the paint correction on Sunday at the Costco parking lot...

IMG_1591.jpg

Edited by BigBlue2007

10 answers to this question

Ceramic coating results are as good as the prep and effort in installing. It sounds like you have decent prep. But to put a coating on now, you’ll have to strip off everything you already did so it bonds to bare paint.

Durability varies on conditions, maintenance, etc. The new version lasts longer than the old one. And with proper care should last years. 

As for ease of applicstion, they aren’t had to install. But you need to be diligent in buffing off once it’s applied. Work in small sections. Don’t take too big of a bite at once. We use suede buffing towels for the initial buff, and a microfiber for final buffing. The suedes go in the garbage and we use quite a few of them. It’s the nature of the business. 

It’s within your ability to install. Just take your time and don’t cut corners. 

Clay, Polish, then coat? 

In the future down the line can detail spray still be used as a drying agent after washing? 

What happens if you get it on trim or glass, etc? Do I tape off the clear bra?

Edited by BigBlue2007

3 hours ago, BigBlue2007 said:

Clay, Polish, then coat? 

In the future down the line can detail spray still be used as a drying agent after washing? 

Yes. Clay, polish, prep and coat. 

You don’t need a drying agent. You’ll have far less residual water on your vehicle due to the coating provided it’s maintained properly. 

To maintain the coating, you’ll want to clay and iron decon the car a couple of times a year. 

If you get it on glass or trim, brilliant glaze on a towel immediately will get it off. 

Treat the clear bra like paint with last step products. So coat over it. 

4 hours ago, BigBlue2007 said:

Clay, Polish, then coat? 

You shouldnt need any drying agent.  I just coated my car..i have a cordless blower (E go-from box store) and water shoots off. Pretty awsome.  

I spoke to Adams this week, u can use detail spray with No issue if you choose. 

Its going to be hard for me to break from my normal routine which is master blaster the vehicles 90% dry, few spritz of nice smelling detail spray and wipe down with two double soft towels.

Always felt that the small amount of lubricity of the detail spray made me feel a little safer about the wipe down.

Still have not completed my first wash after coating so have no idea what its going to be like :)

I purchased the kit because I am a sick individual. I will try and block off a weekend to do this in a couple of weeks. It should be fun. I just paint corrected my car 2-3 weeks so it should only be the finishing polish that I need. 

I will be applying this to my 2017 Ford Escape daily driver. 

OiUc8oCTRh+ftEM7gSetqA.jpg

tpVhngSFTUePhpoIfa+lrQ.jpg