Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bird poo...discoloration...removal

TnWHTMARE

Question

Hey guys/gals, I have a white 2018 Mustang.  It has been clayed and sealed and has coat of buttery on top.  My question is, yesterday I received a bird bomb on the front bumper.  When I got home last night, I soaked it in some WW and a removed the poo.  After doing that, I noticed that it left a yellowish/orangish stain on the surface with some texture.  I grabbed a claybar and it didn't do much for it.   Is it possible that the buttery/sealant have absorbed the acids?? and discolored their layers?  I'm just not sure I understand why I can feel texture to it.  All the surface contaminants have been removed.  Any help is appreciated.

Edited by TnWHTMARE
clarification

11 answers to this question

Common problem on white.  You can try a light polish but the paint has absorbed the discoloration (the light polish never works for me, it dims it a bit but never removes it 100%) . Good news the sun will bleach it out eventually.  This has been my only solution, dim it a bit with polish, wax, leave in sun, stain gone in 3-4 months. 

On 7/27/2018 at 11:02 AM, TnWHTMARE said:

Hey guys/gals, I have a white 2018 Mustang.  It has been clayed and sealed and has coat of buttery on top.  My question is, yesterday I received a bird bomb on the front bumper.  When I got home last night, I soaked it in some WW and a removed the poo.  After doing that, I noticed that it left a yellowish/orangish stain on the surface with some texture.  I grabbed a claybar and it didn't do much for it.   Is it possible that the buttery/sealant have absorbed the acids?? and discolored their layers?  I'm just not sure I understand why I can feel texture to it.  All the surface contaminants have been removed.  Any help is appreciated.

Is it the sealant that absorbed it or bare paint? If it’s the sealant, try a strip wash to remove the sealant. If it still shows, use a light polish first and work your way down. Unfortunately, bird poo can sometimes have things in it to mess up your paint. That’s why it’s best to get off ASAP but sometimes that’s not an option. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, TnWHTMARE said:

Revive polish will remove fresh bird bomb stains.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and advice!!  I had a busy weekend and haven't been able to get back to it but I did look at the spot yesterday, briefly, and the discoloration is gone but it you look close, you can see an outline of something?  I assume it comes from "stuff" in the poo.  I hope its just on the sealant.   I'm gonna try the revive and is that doesn't fix it, I will strip and polish.  Thank everyone again very much!!

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

OK, so sealant is probably solid. Is the buttery more recent?  Was just curious because it does not last long.  Regardless I bet a good polishing with revive would go a long way.

The buttery is about a month old.  She doesn't get driven much and sits in the garage.  Thank you very much for your input.