Customer Service 866.965.0400

Alright, What am I doing with Wash & Wax

Z06Seal

Question

So I commented on a IG post about the wash & wax few days ago saying I hated the product. It wouldn't sud well for me (not with the cannon) and it had zero "wax" properties. Overall, I was very unsatisfied with the product. I use the whole thing to make my judgement on a product so it's been gone for some time now.

Did anyone else have this problem? I doubt it, because it seems to be selling well afaik....

I bought some Meguier's wash & wax from Costco that I figured I try, but now they just released their new sio2 wash + coat and I'm really curious if I'm going to have the same problems as I did with the wash & wax...

What could have gone wrong? lol.

I have the ultra foam one and that one suds very well. the regular blue car wash soap did too.

7 answers to this question

I tried all 3 soaps and decided on a gallon of wash n wax (still working on the 16oz bottle and havnt opened it).

It def doesnt foam up as much as the ultra foam (using foam gun) but hence the term “ultra”!!!!!  

I cant really tell what wax properties its leaving behind. (My car is CC)  But Im also guessing the new wash n coat is extremely similar to wash n wax (my 2 cents).    

In my opinion, Wash n Wax doesn’t suds up as much as some of the other shampoos.  But I still like it, especially for winter washes if I can get a two bucket wash in.  I also like it for my wheels . I took @mc2hill’s suggestion and put some in a ik foamer to spray on the wheels for maintenance washes.  My wheels just have sealant on them. They aren’t ceramic coated.

To clarify, the Wash & Wax is actually a silica-based product, so no wax/carnauba. The new Ceramic Wash & Coat is more like a Wash & Wax on steroids.

Personally, I LOVE the W&W. It's ideal for winter washes because it adds protection at the same time, and smells incredible, too. I also use it whenever I don't feel like adding a "protection" step in the mix. Never had an issue with it not foaming...I use about 3-4 ounces in 3-4g of water, including some on the pad as I fill the bucket. How many ounces do you use in your bucket?

The new Wash & Coat directions say to use 1-2 ounces in a bucket, so sounds like it's going to foam really well. I have it in hand but haven't washed with it just yet. 

Edited by falcaineer

I don't measure honestly. I make one or two circles around a hand mitten thingy and little in the bucket. Maybe 2 to 3 oz? Same as all my other ones. 

Maybe a pump would help me measure accurately.