Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chevy Volt bumper burn

DonHyphy

Question

Welp it happened. Hit my first burn while working on a 2018 Chevy Volt rear plastic bumper. Its pretty marred up. I doubt theres much i can do for this but i figured id ask here first. Was using a milwaukee hand drill with a 4’ white microfiber pad and adams heavy correcting compound. Any input helps, thanks guys! 

D3FAD3B3-2604-42CD-840B-520519156DFA.jpeg

699BC1D2-460B-4345-934B-06E2DAB21C93.jpeg

Edited by DonHyphy
Added photos

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

So looking at your pictures I may be out of my league here, but my initial thought is, do you have a DA polisher at all? I'm not recommending that you use it on this burn spot, just asking because if you don't, they may be a way of preventing these burns in the future.

I do, but ive always been wary about DAs and wool pads because ive always thought they cut faster therefore have more chance to burn. At the moment i use the adams swirl killer althought i prefer forced rotation orbitals. What should i have done with a DA that would help prevent something like this. 

Edit: oops my bad lol not sure why i was thinking DA stood for something else. Yes i have a DA, i used it first but to no avail, being that its in a weird and small spot. Thats why i went to the hand drill

Edited by DonHyphy
Missread reply