Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can you apply in sunlight and does morning dew affect Grahpene Coating

Gmigs

Question

Unfortunately my truck is too tall to fit in my garage where I normally store my cars so I can't work with  the product inside.   Can I apply the Graphene Coating in sunlight?   Also, our daytime temperatures are in the 60-70 degree range and in the morning we typically have dew on the cars, can I still apply it with this in mind?  

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Gmigs said:

Unfortunately my truck is too tall to fit in my garage where I normally store my cars so I can't work with  the product inside.   Can I apply the Graphene Coating in sunlight?   Also, our daytime temperatures are in the 60-70 degree range and in the morning we typically have dew on the cars, can I still apply it with this in mind?  

Welcome to the Forum.

One of the best things that I have found for large vehicles and for those instances when I have to work outside is to use a portable canopy.   For something decent and in the 12 foot wide by 16 foot long will run a couple hundred dollars.  These are generally sturdy enough to live up to plenty of use over the years and mine has a nice case that it gets stored in.   If you need it to be easily movable, you can add wheels to the feet, just remember to get locking wheel's so it won't roll away.  The sizes are allow over the place and I use the 10x12 more than any other just because it is easy to stand up and doesn't take up too much of the driveway

I've found that being able to adjust it in height is also helpful and I can get mine up to 10 feet tall, which keeps me from smacking my head when I'm doing top of big pickups.  I have left mine up overnight on a vehicle to prevent anything from settling or the dew from being too heavy.  If you don't want to buy one, you can rent them for a weekend, but it usually costs around $50 a week, so it doesn't take long to equate to the cost of ownership.

You can also get the CoverPro or "Garage in a box" or similar product that looks more like a canvas garage.  They are not as portable and they range from cheap in cost and quality to inexpensive to some very good ones that have the price to go with them.