Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car delivery (adhesive) removal?

chicklet

Question

Just bought a new car tonite. I did not let the dealer prep the car....so now I have to remove the adhesive. Whats the best method? Clay bar? Just want to be sure before I tackle it.

I will add MSW and Americana after clay and wash.

Thanks guys!

I will post up a thread later with pictures. :drool:

20 answers to this question

Love the picture taking stance reflection in your front bumper! lol!

P3230043.jpg

:banana:

Nice, i didnt know you could get them in stick!

Are you keeping the mini? you said in an earlier post you were parting it out over at nam..do you have a link?

Selling the MINI next month. I just listed part 2 in the marketplace.

Goo Gone isn't dangerous. I use it all the time, directly on the paint. I even allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes because it takes a while on stuff like weather stripping.

Just remember there are two different versions, look for the Goo Gone with the car on the label :2thumbs:

I've used the regular stuff on cars without issue but I remember someone recently said they saw it damage clear coat :(

I used the 3M adhesive remover (Auto Body safe) with an adams MF applicator... Works the bees knees and is MUCH faster than Goo Gone.

Goo Gone isn't dangerous. I use it all the time, directly on the paint. I even allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes because it takes a while on stuff like weather stripping.

You bringing that puppy to the Atlanta clinic Britt? You never said what it is. Did you get another Mini Cooper? Check it for scratches before I see it! :D

Archived