Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spot came back

Osok

Question

No this isn't a thread about my lost dog spot..

I did my buddy's FJ about 3 weeks ago and he had a handful of bad areas. A couple of them were what appeared to be white paint transfer on his door.

I gave his whole truck lots of love (wash, clay, wash, orange w shr, white w fmp, and gray w msw). I did a lot of passes with the orange on some of the bad spots and at the time got all of them out. Or so I thought. Over the last few weeks he's washed the truck and been using WCW from time to time. The other day he showed me that the two paint transfer spots reappeared.

This stumped me as I thought I had buffed them out with the pc. Enough to where I could no longer see them at all after using the orange and shr.

My question is....how could I buff them out but really only appear to have concealed them to where they now came back.

First time I've seen somethign like this. Anyone run into something similar? My plan is to go back at those spot and put even more time into them to try to make them really go away. I just hadnt though with shr i essentially was hiding them vs removing them.

Also..i had put a good coat of MSW on after all was done and lookin good..i'm surprised too that that wouldve been worn off already to even have those spot come back underneath it.

Thoughts? I'm stumped on this one.

7 answers to this question

Archived