Customer Service 866.965.0400

2nd time around

elbogrz

Question

I did a complete correction back in June using the PC, haze remover, fine polish and MSW. I'm getting ready to go through the process again to get my car ready for winter. The first time around I had some fairly significant scuffing on the car and the haze remover/orange pad worked wonders. This time around I basically just have light scratches and swirls from normal washing, etc. Is it recommended to start every correction with the orange pad/swirl remover, or can I just start with the FMP and white pad, i.e. will the FMP/white pad remove most light scratches? Or is it just trial and error? I would like to save a step if possible, but I don't want to skimp. I will probaby apply two coats of MSW. The single coat I applied in June has worn great and water still beads very well. So hopefully two coats will get me to spring. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Well to be honest why would you want a perfect paint job during snowy and icy months? Im all for using FMP and a white pad for a touch up before winter but during snow and brushing your car off and all the crap that can happen during winter I would honestly just touch up with fmp and then follow by 2 or more coats of msw and wait til next spring to get your car "Perfect" again.

Well to be honest why would you want a perfect paint job during snowy and icy months? Im all for using FMP and a white pad for a touch up before winter but during snow and brushing your car off and all the crap that can happen during winter I would honestly just touch up with fmp and then follow by 2 or more coats of msw and wait til next spring to get your car "Perfect" again.

We get very little snow and ice here in GA and the car is garaged at all times. Plus, I have another vehicle I drive in bad weather. In any event, I will start with FMP and see how it goes.

thanks to all.

Archived