Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT vs SVRT

JKAUDI

Question

Just got my bottle of VRT from a local vendor (next day delivery vs 3/4 days) and was wondering if this product is going to run. SVRT says it will not run if it gets wet, so did I get the wrong stuff? Wonder if Adams will exchange it for me.

10 answers to this question

Going to use on exterior trim.

These videos here should answer your questions:

<object height="405" width="500">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdi6XoaungM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="405" width="500"></object>

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIbMEJ_2NZg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

VRT is an excellent dressing, but its one flaw was that it wasn't waterproof. If you purchased the older version then it is going to run when it gets wet, you are welcome to exchange it, but we'd ask if you go that route that you first contact the dealer you purchased it thru to avoid shipping costs and see if they have the Super VRT in stock for you to exchange there.

The new stuff should say Super VRT or have a sticker that says new formula.

SVRT will run after being exposed to water after sometime and large amounts. It will also run if you do not wipe of the excess after putting it on, I learned that.

VRT runs much easier.

I have not tried the super yet although I have some. The old stuff is real good though. I used it in a sprayer 50% on my spray in bed liner. 3 months later it still looks good. Many washes and I live in the North West so it sees lots of rain. It was a gray color before and now its deep black. I am looking forward to the new stuff but still have some old stuff to use up.

Archived