Customer Service 866.965.0400

First American Application

Cincy2

Question

I washed, clayed and waxed my VIper three weeks ago. I'm due for a monthly wax. I want to use Americana paste wax which I just purchased based on all the recommendations here on the forum. The car is still very clean. What's the best prep for the Americana? I've got BG on top of Meguiars NXT2 right now. I was thinking a pass with Waterless Wash then the Americana then the BG on top. Sound OK?

Cincy

6 answers to this question

I went over the vette with waterless wash before I applied Americana.

The biggest mistake I made was to cover the entire car in Americana and then wait approx. 1/2Hr before I tried to buff it out.

Make sure you do a small section (hood, fender, quarter panel, etc.) at a time and then buff it out within a few minutes.

I had such a hard time buffing it out after letting it stay on too long.

I use Brilliant spray glaze over it the next day just for the easy of it.

I am probably going to use my Americana this weekend and I am looking forward to doing it "Right this time"!

Not sure how well Americana will play with Meguiars but I doubt there will be any issues with that.

Last weekend I put Americana over 2 layers of buttery wax I previously had on my camaro and man what a shine. You certainly won't be disappointed with the Americana. That was my first use and I'm hooked for life.

well seeing you clayed your viper 3 weeks ago you should be fine going that route but you may want to run the "baggie" test just to be certain that your paint surface is clean and it should be because applying americana to a contaminated surface is no fun as ive learned in the past. I would also recommend using BG before americana as Dylan has done some testing and has shown that the new Brilliant Glaze lasts alot longer underneath americana therefor giving you a great shine for a longer period of time. Hope this helps and happy detailing.

If you are waxing monthly you might want to clay & strip your paint before applying Americana. How many coats do you think she has?:confused:

I stripped the car when I got her a month ago. The BG and Meguires is the first layer.

Cincy

Archived