Customer Service 866.965.0400

Used FLEX 3401

RyGo

Question

Looks like I'll be picking 1 of these up for a reasonable price. Anybody got some input of things I should look for or at on a used unit? Obviously I'd hate to bring it home to find the darn thing is broken. For sure it'll get a startup before cash leaves my hand, but is there anything else I can check? Thanks.

11 answers to this question

Cord check - are you thinking like give it a little jiggle where the cord goes into the housing? If so... good idea!!

I just didn't know if I should bring a screwdriver with me to open up the housing to look for worn parts in the trigger area or of there's even a tell tale sign that the carbon brushes are degraded.

It's a good deal, not a steal & I'd prefer not to buy it if I have to send it out for repairs immediately. If that were the scenario, I'd just save a little longer to purchase a N.I.B.

Ok so this thing is practically brand new. :) The woman was selling it because her husband had a little extra curricular activity going on & she gave him the boot. She showed me the receipt for it being purchased in May of this year. No telling how many times it was used, but unless he detailed his detailing supplies - can't be many hours on it. Like I said a good price, not pennies on the dollar, but I wasn't trying to swindle anybody. She also had alot of his other stuff for sale, but this was all I walked away with.

The whole way home I could think was "a woman scorned..." :lol:

The stuff she had out was in the front porch of the house. Assuming he's a "guys guy" I'd like to have seen what was in the garage & basement.

Didn't want to ask though - would've felt like a looter :lolsmack:

Found out about this through word of mouth. Mentioned to buddy to tell his wife (she works with lady), that if she hears anything about some more goodies... keep me in mind.

Archived