Customer Service 866.965.0400

Chrome Wheel Cleaning Questions

Dr Jkel

Question

Hey All,

I have purchased some new wheels for my baby and they are three piece forged chrome wheels. My question for you is two fold. One is initially before installing is there something I can put on them to kinda protect the finish, so to speak. Two is what is the best way to keep them clean, or clean them. ie... wash, metal polish etc..

Thanks for the help.

Here is a pic that was photoshopped.

9 answers to this question

Nice! I would use MSW on them for the best protection and throw a occasional coat of BG for an amazing shine. :2thumbs: And wash with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo!

Thanks Chris, I really didn't know if wax was a good idea, :confused: just wanted to keep them nice, escpecially because of the cost of the wheels.

For maintenance..boars hair wheel brush 395.jpg

And the power stick 405.jpg

Thanks Osok, I have been using a dedicated Microfiber towel on the stock wheels but it gets pretty dirty.

Show us some real photos of the car once the rims go on. The photoshoped one looks pretty sweet.

I will definitely do that, they are supposed to leave California today so hopefully they will be here the first of next week. The rears are 11" and are supposed to have a 5" lip so they should be pretty deep looking.

I will get her shined up and post some photos.

My suggestion for cleaning - Adam's Car Wash in a bottle with a foaming sprayer. (Works like a mini-foam gun!)

Foamer004.jpg

Ima go out on a limb here--you and I think alike on this situation! I also tend to use some APC/Water mix////

2 parts water 1 part apc, never let it dry of course...then again, with Chrome wheels, the Shampoo should work just fine.

That's a hawt setup u got there

Ima go out on a limb here--you and I think alike on this situation! I also tend to use some APC/Water mix////

2 parts water 1 part apc, never let it dry of course...then again, with Chrome wheels, the Shampoo should work just fine.

That's a hawt setup u got there

Thanks Mook. None of my cars have brake pads that dust much and since they are washed frequently they never get too dirty, so the Shampoo is just the ticket. Plus it's ready to go if I every need to do some 'spot' cleaning.

BTW, the way the foam gun is blowing through the latest gallon of Car Wash, I'll be able to upgrade that gallon bottle (from GWC) to a Car Wash gallon bottle very soon! :D

Thanks Mook. None of my cars have brake pads that dust much and since they are washed frequently they never get too dirty, so the Shampoo is just the ticket. Plus it's ready to go if I every need to do some 'spot' cleaning.

:D

The key is like you said keep the brake dust washed off, don't let it set and bake on. If you do this Car Wash Shampoo is all you will need.:thumbsup:

Archived