Customer Service 866.965.0400

Poor Viper

Osok

Question

So I took my Charger into the dealership this morning for an oil change and state inspection.

While I was there and bored I hung out in their garage and here was a real nice looking red viper over in the corner being washed by one of their guys. So..of course i had to go over and inspect. Saddly what I saw was a bummer. When I walked over the guy was in the process of scrubbing on the front bumper with what looked like a kitchen sink type scrubber. Which hopefully is some variant that doesnt scratch paint. But after doing the bumper, headlights, fog lights he moved right on up and started scrubbing the hood...no rinse no nothing. From there he did the windshield, the mirrors and then then the roof. Ugh! So he finished with his little scrub pad then pulls out this wash brush on a stick and starts rubbing down the entire car. Start to finish..no rinse off the brush do a section rinse the brush do a section.

Ok so I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume maybe his scrub pad and safe and maybe his brush is a boars hair scrub brush..it actually looked more like one from walmart. But dang man..it's a FREAKIN VIPER! Show it some love and respect and rinse off your tools often.

I didnt stick around long enough to watch him dry it. He did rinse the car down then spray on some yellow stuff let it sit for a couple minutes then rinsed the car down again.

Here's a pic i took.

viper.jpg

5 answers to this question

That is way I told my dealer when we were signing the paper for my wife's new vehicle, not to even wash it much less detail it. While we were there I watched one of the lot guys going from new car to new car wiping them down with a wet cloth and never changed the cloth from car to car.

That is way I told my dealer when we were signing the paper for my wife's new vehicle, not to even wash it much less detail it. While we were there I watched one of the lot guys going from new car to new car wiping them down with a wet cloth and never changed the cloth from car to car.

Yep! They didn't even remove the floor mats from my G8's trunk...

They removed the shipping protection and that was it. I ruined... err... took it from there... :D It was DIRTY too... Came from AU so it had some time to get that way...

Chris

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Paint store we frequent used to be next to a start-up car wash company here. Can't call em a detailing company, cos, well, their packages do not offer paint correction of any kind. They've since moved into a larger building in a nicer area. They used to be in a broken car wash behind a gas station (seems popular around here).

When we'd go to the paint store, I'd look over and watch them wash/detail the unfortunate victims. I kept meaning to hand them an Adam's DVD and a card with links to Junkman's video series' on YouTube - but... never made it that far. Couldn't life my jaw off the ground in order to get any closer.

Archived