Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from French-Canadian land... Quebec!

KingVee

20pzrxz.jpg

Hey, my name is Alex and I'm a future Adam's "brotha in his parking lot" detailer. Yes, what you are seeing above is my 2000 Grand Prix GT, photographed last week after I went to visit a junkyard hidden behind a bunch of very muddy roads that gave it a visual toll. And that, is when I stopped, cringed, and began to think about getting my hands on some good, quality cleaning and detailing products to first and foremost clean my car, but also give it a shine and optimal protection it will need for one of our typically grueling winters - which, by the way, includes roads full of SALT! :willy:

Yes, I thought about going with big brand name companies like MOTHERS, but who was I to really know what kind of products I was getting my hands on with no prior experience? Reviews of products from these big name companies are always mixed and never really give you an idea of what it is or what it'll do - it's one of those "get it and hope it works out for you" kind of deal. Being that I'm not quite a wealthy guy always on a budget (much opposed to the majority of the people out here with big Camaro's and Corvette's - god bless GM!), I was looking for something that proved to be the real deal. When I discovered Adam's products, the word "boutique" instantly came to my mind and I was hooked from the instance I watched the mastermind himself in his instructional videos, the infamous Junkman and HIS videos, and all of the reviews which happened to be ALL POSITIVE (seriously, I did not find a single negative review on any Adam's products).... But the question remains, have I tried it?

The answer unfortunately is no (LOL!), because I've recently just ordered my NEW Essentials Detail Kit and am PATIENTLY (or impatiently) awaiting its shipping and arrival for me to begin discovering my "shine potential". Okay, since I don't have a :pc: (for now anyways) I won't necessarily discover my TRUE shine potential, but it will be a nice beginning to a relationship. My GP being silver does ease the job quite a bit and I don't remember my paint being really bad, but I'm sure it'll be a noticeable difference either way.

Oh yes... I'm Alex, 21 years old, I live in Laval which is a suburbia/townish city north of Montreal in the province of Quebec, in Canada - and this makes me feel special because I am SURE there aren't a lot of Adam's customers here - but I intend to change that... Or at least it'll be worth the shot. :)

HI! :D

HI Alex:welcomebanner: Looks like you will want to start with a good wash then clay your car. But I'll let the real experts here give you more info. You at the right place for help. And Adam's products are great.:rockon:I'm sure you will have her looking good in no time!

Dave

Welcome to the forum Alex! :welcomebanner:

We are all "brutha's" here at the forum including the "brutha' in his driveway", the "brutha' in his carport", to the "brutha' in a parking lot!" lol!

You will find that this forum is full of helpful and knowledgeable folks who are eager to help. If you jump over to my section (The Junkman's Corner), you will not only find the videos that you've watched, but you will also find some very important information that you may not have known if you only watched the videos from You Tube. Also, the threads may contain questions and answers that you may also find helpful.

Kick you feet up and look around. I think you'll enjoy the place. :thumbsup:

Welcome Alex!

As AJ stated, if you have questions ask away. There are lots of helpful, knowledgeable folks on here (at all hours!). And not ALL of the forums members drive Vettes or Camaros (or GTO/Holdens) it just seems that way! Lots of members with "regular cars" (very clean and shiny "regular" cars, but "regular" cars none the less).

Thank you all! :)

Of course, pictures! I fully intend to document the before and after of my car's paint.

You know, it doesn't look bad at all, I think the dealer I bought it from back in January really gave it a good detailing because it doesn't look really swirly (although I can't really see through the massive layer of dirt, I was only inspecting the cleaner parts of the car) or needing a rough claybar'ing. Perhaps I'm mistaking, as I'm sure driving 90-100mph up and down mountains multiple times this summer didn't leave it unharmed.

We'll see how it goes! My order shipped today, should be here by thursday. :D

Welcome Alex! After a nice wash and dry, get ready for the claying. It will take a while, but it is worth it. The first time you clay you will get a lot of gunk off the finish, but don't worry, that's normal for the first time. Check out the Adam's and Junkman's videos on claying to get an idea of the process. (don't forget the baggie test) A smooth, glassy finish is the reflective base on which you will build your shine in the subsequent steps.

Boujour!

I used to live in Maine and we would venture up to Quebec for class trips with the "French Club" Oui Oui! Winters are harsh-oh yeah! But think how much longer your car will last if it has been reconditioned then a good coat of wax, etc before they salt the roads! Wish i had known better back then...

Archived