Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stupid mistake with apc on hot underhood polished alum

ShaneM

Question

over the weekend i was working oin the car with my new paint correction kit. I went to do under the hood and didn;t even think to check if the engine was cool before I blasted it with APC. The polished billet under the hood was still hot and the APC dried quickly leave behind a bunch of spots that i can;t get of with anything and a lot of haze. I tried some eagle 1 metal polish that is on this wadding stuff and it didn't do anything. Will the metal polish do the trick? It basically looks like heavy water spots that won't wipe off.

Car looks pretty darn good for my first time with a PC, but my technique needs work left behind a few scratches. Really hard to tell on blue when the polish is turned into a greasy smear, it sort of looks like that to start with.

10 answers to this question

pics would help & dylan i am sure will tell u the correct way to remove but i would think it would have to be slightly warmed up, then scrubbed off as it is a burned on stain.... not sire wat would do the trick but dylan probably knows

Bummer! I would defiantly give Adam's Metal Polish a try, I think it will do you a great job!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">68.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Metal Polish</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D009</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $10.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_68_76 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_68_76 = 999400;function AddToCartForm_68_76_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_68_76 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_68_76 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_68_76_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d17%26SEName%3dhand-polish-wax method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Get your shine on in a jiffy with Adam's Metal Polish. Not much work, and what a shine!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif> </TD></TR><TR><TD>box_07.gif</TD><TD background=/images/box_08.gif> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'd grab a PowerBall, just to keep the focal pads for other needs.

Even heard of people using flour with metal polishes for a little more "cut". Dunno that I'd try it first, but if all else fails... give that a whirl.

Archived