Customer Service 866.965.0400

help with flex. polishing out 3000 grit sand scratches

bagged00

Question

hey guys gotta question so i finally got to use my flex today. i work in a collision shop and wanted to try to use something that would not put holograms in the fresh paint when buffing out trash. so i nibbed the trash out with some 3k. went over it a few times and it was still there. basically i just need ideas on how to get this stuff out. also can you run the flex lower then 6 and still get results i cant keep control of it to well when its on 6 so i really dont like running it at that.

8 answers to this question

sorry sorry sorry guys. been tied up with christmas.

Agreed. PC + Orange Pad + SHR will take out 3000.... the Flex and either the orange or green setup should've taken it out in a snap.

i dunno man. i must be doing it wrong. i used it one my truck today and couldnt really see a differnce in swirls. i dont know if im putting enough pressure down or moving the polisher too fast.

What pad & product did you use?:confused:

all adams, green orange whtie

This should be pretty easy... I can do it with my rotary and PC with SHR so with SSR it should be a snap. It DOES take time though...

Chris

shoot when i tried it with the pc i couldnt do it. i suck :(

Standard process... polish/pad... work polish until it flashes... remove.... inspect. Repeat as necessary.

Are you not seeing any improvement? How many passes did you make?

i probably did 2 passes of each product. i dont really know how fast it works with the scratches. im used to buffing and more then less, it takes one pass with the buffer to get 3k scratches out. 2 tops. so i dont really know how many passes i should start out with. i went green, orange, white.i know im doing something wrong cause i know they can be taken out.

thanks dylan i have seen that video but i watched it again for refreshment. so i timed how long he ran the yellow pad, it was like 2 min to get the scratches out. i didnt run the flex for 2 mins, but i feel like i was going pretty close to the same speed(as in moving the machine) that he was moving the pc. so i would imagine that would make up for the time i didnt spend trying to get them out since its a more agressive machine right?

thanks dylan i have seen that video but i watched it again for refreshment. so i timed how long he ran the yellow pad, it was like 2 min to get the scratches out. i didnt run the flex for 2 mins, but i feel like i was going pretty close to the same speed(as in moving the machine) that he was moving the pc. so i would imagine that would make up for the time i didnt spend trying to get them out since its a more agressive machine right?

The flex is more aggressive than the pc. Rotary is the most aggressive machine.

Archived