Customer Service 866.965.0400

In between waxing

chevyguy8893

Question

9 answers to this question

I use the Detail Spray as a waterless wash. Then I plan on hitting it with The Brilliant Spray Glaze to keep the Wax shining through.

Agreed! Detail spray for essentially a waterless car wash (keep in mind the car shouldn't be muddy or anything, just light dust and dirt), and brilliant spray glaze after wards to keep the shine on!

Just remember DS and BSG do NOT have any protective properties. For winter time I would suggest starting with the Machine Super Wax, more of a long lasting sealant, then follow up with Buttery Wax. Then just use the DS and BSG till spring time. Hope that helps :cheers:

Sounds good, seems easy to do especially with the cold. I was able to get a coat of sealant on just before winter, but the buttery wax would help my white paint shine nicely since it is hard to make it really shiny. This is the only part of winter I hate, the constant cleaning (more than I already do). Thanks for the help.

Hi Adam, great name you have!:D Like Bill said, it's important to get a solid coat on before winter, or even after. (Close the garage door, and give it a coat of SuperWax!) Jason and Patrick did that for me at the warehouse on Sunday. Thanks Guys!

I drive a black SUV, and it lives outside 100%. In fact, it's a mile out a dirt road each trip to and from home, and we have a dirt driveway!

What I do in the winter, after applying a nice SuperWax finish, is use the coin/ CC car wash every week -2 weeks. After blasting the mud, salt, and crud off, I wash it with a Boar's Hair Brush on a telescoping stick.

When done rinsing, I spray the entire truck down with Detail Spray, then dry with an Absorber (you know, comes in a tube.)

I know, it's not our Drying Towel, however, when it's cold, I need to be super quick, and a perfect dry is sacrificed for a quick one!

My vehicle stays nice all winter, just using that program.

If I get a chance sometime in January, I try to find a warm garage. Then, I'll give it a quick clay and hit it with the PC, normally just the Fine Machine Polish. At the same time I'll pull out the rubber mats, blast and scrub them, and hit the interior with Leather & Interior Cleaner. It's also a good time to do a spot-clean on the carpets, which usually have some abuse by mid-winter.

Too much info?? Sorry! Just saw you post, and was thinking about posting my winter regimen anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for being here!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Hi Adam, great name you have!:D Like Bill said, it's important to get a solid coat on before winter, or even after. (Close the garage door, and give it a coat of SuperWax!) Jason and Patrick did that for me at the warehouse on Sunday. Thanks Guys!

I drive a black SUV, and it lives outside 100%. In fact, it's a mile out a dirt road each trip to and from home, and we have a dirt driveway!

What I do in the winter, after applying a nice SuperWax finish, is use the coin/ CC car wash every week -2 weeks. After blasting the mud, salt, and crud off, I wash it with a Boar's Hair Brush on a telescoping stick.

When done rinsing, I spray the entire truck down with Detail Spray, then dry with an Absorber (you know, comes in a tube.)

I know, it's not our Drying Towel, however, when it's cold, I need to be super quick, and a perfect dry is sacrificed for a quick one!

My vehicle stays nice all winter, just using that program.

If I get a chance sometime in January, I try to find a warm garage. Then, I'll give it a quick clay and hit it with the PC, normally just the Fine Machine Polish. At the same time I'll pull out the rubber mats, blast and scrub them, and hit the interior with Leather & Interior Cleaner. It's also a good time to do a spot-clean on the carpets, which usually have some abuse by mid-winter.

Too much info?? Sorry! Just saw you post, and was thinking about posting my winter regimen anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for being here!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Thank you. Very informative which is why I joined this forum. Yeah, my truck is parked on dirt and outside all the time. If that is working well for you on a black vehicle and in Colorado I think it will work for me. I definitely like to be warm so the faster the better. Combining everyone's ideas my truck should never get dirty;). Hopefully more see this for a good winter regimen. Thanks all for the help and Happy Thanksgiving also.

Adam, is there a specific temperature range that the machine wax should/could be applied?

Hi Robert, and I've had success applying the SuperWax in a garage mid-winter in the Colorado mountains. It was probably 45-50 degrees.

As with most of our products, this too can be used in a wide variety of conditions, and excellent results should be expected.

Happy Black Friday! -Adam:thumbsup: