Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just ordered 7424xp, what else do i need?

Laid GP

Question

Amazon had the 7424xp on sale for $99 and I had a little Christmas cash so I pulled the trigger. I have a rotary buffer but have never had a fancy polisher like this. What pads and polishes should I start out with? Figured I would ask the experts :)

12 answers to this question

This is what you need!:2thumbs:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">478.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"></TD><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Dual Action Car Polishing Accessory Kit</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: B2003</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $199.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_478_519 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_478_519 = 999856;function AddToCartForm_478_519_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_478_519 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_478_519 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_478_519_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d12%26SEName%3ddetail-kits method=post></FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Already have a Porter Cable polisher, but need the right combination of pads and polishes? We have the accessory package for you. Want a swirl free finish? Start here!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">560.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Severe Swirl Remover w/Green Pad</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: SSRGP</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $34.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><FORM id=AddToCartForm_560_637 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_560_637 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_560_637_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d14%26SEName%3dporter-cable-machine-polishing method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>ALL NEW!! If you're not ready to graduate to the Flex polisher, but still want to try out our latest polish and pad combo for more intense corrections we've got you covered.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yup, you will like the MSW. Shines like crazy, lasts for months! Honestly, I started only getting a few things at a time, and to get things a few at a time costs a lot more.

Go for the kit, leave that extra clay in there, just in case you drop it! (I have done that, and since I had more clay, I could continue my detailing plans). The SHR and FMP are what you will need most of the times to polish out the swirls and 'jewel' the finish.

And the Machine Super Wax is excellent, esp. if you use it on your Daily Driver, because it lasts months, even on my black finish, through the strong SoCal summer sun and in a marine environment near the beach.

Yup, you will like the MSW. Shines like crazy, lasts for months! Honestly, I started only getting a few things at a time, and to get things a few at a time costs a lot more.

Go for the kit, leave that extra clay in there, just in case you drop it! (I have done that, and since I had more clay, I could continue my detailing plans). The SHR and FMP are what you will need most of the times to polish out the swirls and 'jewel' the finish.

And the Machine Super Wax is excellent, esp. if you use it on your Daily Driver, because it lasts months, even on my black finish, through the strong SoCal summer sun and in a marine environment near the beach.

This. And if you don't already have a gallon of Detail Spray add or upgrade to it.

:iagree: Ongoing cost savings is buying your most used products in gallons, like Detail Spray (and Glass Cleaner, and APC, etc. etc) :)

Honestly, in the last month, I have almost eaten a gallon of DS, Shampoo, and WW.

Not that there is a problem with that. :drool:

Archived