Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Email and FB have been Hacked!

70'sChevyGirl

OH Geezzzzzzzzzz' date='

Something else I need to put on my TO DO list. :help:

Thanks AJ. :thumbsup:

BTW...you want me to call just to shoot the breeze?? :jester::D:jester:[/quote']

Only if you talk dirty to me. I want to hear about you doing stuff like driving in the rain so that we can talk about wash techniques!

:jester::lolsmack:

For random passwords, you can also go to Gibson Research - he has a generator that is quite random and runs through an SSH connection.

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

BTW AJ, his SpinRite disk recovery software works really well. (I would guess you probably already have it!).

Easy Recovery Pro is the software I like to use for data recovery. That software is police forensics strong. I've had to use it in a few court cases and testify as to its ability.

:lolsmack::lolsmack: I have a few techniques for dirty but I haven't seen them in any of your videos. :jester:

Lets talk salt. :lol:

You've been watching the wrong videos. Come on over... we'll make our own. :D :D :D

I worked a crime prevention position in my job for several years. Unfortunately, I saw this type of stuff just about everyday. Once money is sent via wire transfer, it is impossible to stop and it can be picked up anywhere, in any country, as long as the recipient has the transaction number/code. They will often tell you a specific city / state to send the money so you think it's being picked up there. But after looking into some similar wire transfer scams, often times it was picked up in another country. Canada and Jamaica were popular locations. What I really didn't experience was the hacking you suffered from. I'd be interested to know how they accessed your accounts. Internet scams and the like should be reported to http://www.ic3.gov. (Internet Crimes Complaint Center) It's a site the FBI has for reporting this type of thing.

Someone also mentioned locking down your credit, or in other words putting a fraud alert on your accounts. It can be done by reporting ID theft or loss of personal identifying information to any one of the three credit reporting agencies, but I recommend contacting all three. (They also usually require a police report to be filed.) The alert or freeze is only temporary, 90 days I believe. Something else not well known is that you can put a permanent freeze on your credit. What does that mean? It means nobody, not even you, can obtain new credit accounts / loans. For those of us well established with homes, cars, etc, who won't be applying for credit in the near future, it wouldn't be much of an inconvenience. I know in California, it costs 15.00 per credit reporting agency (total 45.00) to permanently freeze your credit. If you ever want to open a new credit account or finance a large purchase, you have to pay another 15.00 per agency to un-freeze your credit. So if you routinely open new accounts, this could become quite costly.

Good luck with your situation.

Robert.

Well hell, the FBI trumps Junkman any day! Call me if you need any help.

Here's some advice that I can give everyone here. Use this site to assist you in coming up with a really secure password. Don't use any other site as they could be stealing passwords. This is Microsoft's site and is going to be your safest bet. All of your passwords should contain upper and lower case letters, numbers and if possible, a character of some sort like >%^,< (etc...). You want to get a result of "strong" or "best". That's a secure password.

Yep thats exactly the password policy we have in effect !!!

Teresa, Very sorry to hear about your trouble.

Having done forensic and technical work on computers for many years, have you checked your computer for spyware, malware, ransomware, password stealing software, keyloggers, and of course virus activity? Anyone of those could have been the beginning to your problems.

Another thought and one that people do not often like to hear, it might be extreme - could be the easiest, but backup your computer or at least your data and format the drive and re-install everything?

Archived