Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Email and FB have been Hacked!

70'sChevyGirl

I went home yesterday and logged onto my email to print a document and I did it with no problem. I logged out. Then a few minutes later I tried to log back in and it said my PW was wrong. :willy: I tried a few more times and the same thing happened.

Then I tried to log into Facebook and it also said my PW was wrong. :willy:

A short time later my daughter calls me and said "Mom, I didn't know you were in London on vacation and you were robbed at gunpoint and you needed money to get back home"! :willy: Then I started to get alot of my email contacts calling me asking me what was going on. :help: This was sent to my whole contact list. :(

There is no phone contact for my Hotmail email account or FB. I contacted via email the help center and sent them a message and they sent me back a PW I have to use to access my own private forum. Now that PW won't let me log into it either.:willy:

My email has a Password folder in it. :willy::help::willy:

I went and changed a few log ins for my bank account and a few other things but I really don't know exactly what was in that folder. :willy::help::willy:

Can anyone help or know of a solution?

AJ??? :help::help::help:

This happened to a friend of mine 8-9 months ago... It's a HUGE PITA to fix too.

I had my gmail PW stolen, they got in, forwarded ALL my gmail to THEIR email, got into my Paypal, and then tried to buy a new MAC from MacMall. THANK GOD MacMall called me to verify it. THAT was a HUGE head ache!

I now use VERY VERY hard passwords for my accounts. I use an app on my phone called "Keeper" that I put all my PW's in now because they're so hard I can't remember them... lol

Chris

Once you get it back, don't use a password folder, esp. on an email account. Keep it on paper with you if necessary.

Same thing as you happened to my sister and brother in law. Their hotmail accounts were hacked. Now they have 2 new gmail accounts.

Alright I called the Credit Reporting Bureaus and put alerts on my Credit.

This could possibly make me crazy today. :willy:

Well I just emailed the idiot that hacked into my account since they sent the email to all my contacts and my work email was listed.

I told them that I was contacting the local police department and that they would find out who and where they are if they didnt not provide me with my PWs. Guess we will see how that goes.

My aunt told me she responded to the email and they asked her for $1600 to get back home to the states. :willy:

Alright I called the Credit Reporting Bureaus and put alerts on my Credit.

This could possibly make me crazy today. :willy:

Well I just emailed the idiot that hacked into my account since they sent the email to all my contacts and my work email was listed.

I told them that I was contacting the local police department and that they would find out who and where they are if they didnt not provide me with my PWs. Guess we will see how that goes.

My aunt told me she responded to the email and they asked her for $1600 to get back home to the states. :willy:

Yeah I text messaged my friend and asked her why she was in Europe. She had NO idea... lol

Chris

Well another one of my people on my contact list has called to make sure that I am alright.

I had them respond to the hacker and the hacker sent them back a message stating that this was not a hoax and that I needed money asap.

It also said that if they wanted to help then he should respond and the information to wire the money to would be emailed back to him. Then he will forward that to me.

Crazzzzzzzzzzzzy!!

pm aj don't wait for him to see this!!!! Aj is great @ responding and knows tons on security with putters, u know that lol ..... but pm him hun he ussually will respond in 24hrs just use a attention getting subject line so he sees it among all his pms.... CAPS even

gl hun hope all works out

I have 2 personal email addresses and now the fool tried to take over my Yahoo account. We played change the Password game back and forth last night. Finally after about 2 hours of that game he stopped.

FB notified me that they have suspended my account. Thats good because I couldnt get into it anyway. I sent them IP addresses and an email address that was in my Yahoo account when I changed my PW.

I have also contacted Microsoft about the Hotmail ordeal and somehow they claim that they can get my info back on my email accounts. The FBI also referred me to Internet Crime Center so they are working on it now as well.

Time will tell. Wish me luck. :xfingers:

Well hell, the FBI trumps Junkman any day! Call me if you need any help.

Here's some advice that I can give everyone here. Use this site to assist you in coming up with a really secure password. Don't use any other site as they could be stealing passwords. This is Microsoft's site and is going to be your safest bet. All of your passwords should contain upper and lower case letters, numbers and if possible, a character of some sort like >%^,< (etc...). You want to get a result of "strong" or "best". That's a secure password.

Archived