Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant / First order EVER

BespokeCar

Question

Ok, so after going back and forth on if I should get Adams Glass Sealant or another companies, I decided to order the Adams.

This is also my first order from Adams. Given the adverse weather conditions here in Wisconsin, application of the glass sealant might take some creative thinking and extra heat sources, like make 1000W of halogen power. :help:

19 answers to this question

I have. :D:D

I love it on the shower doors. The water just rolls off of it and they don't seem to get all steamed up anymore. :2thumbs:

The Glass Sealant has made cleaning the doors much easier. :rockon::rockon:

How much durability are you getting?

They all do IMO. Don't forget to clay the glass with ammonia free window cleaner as your lube (like Adams) to get all the contaminates off the glass so it bonds with the glass and not the contaminates.

Chris

I plan on doing that, Adam was kind enough to sent a 4oz bottle of Adam Glass Cleaner along.

:2thumbs:

Got it today! I applied a coat to my bathroom mirror. Smells like pure alcohol. Now I need warmer weather and my friends car for a real test.

They all do IMO. Don't forget to clay the glass with ammonia free window cleaner as your lube (like Adams) to get all the contaminates off the glass so it bonds with the glass and not the contaminates.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

How much durability are you getting?

I guess that all depends on how much the shower is used.

The main bathroom shower doors lasted quite awhile. I am not sure exactly of the timeframe but I would guess a couple of months.

The downstairs shower doors have lasted quite a bit longer because that is the 13 yr old teenage boy's shower so it doesn't seem to get used as often. :willy::willy::help::willy::willy:

potentially it could help, as glass is porous. windshield glass is laminated, therefore its really two pieces of thinner glass baked together in a cave. sometimes I've seen them tempered. thinner glass tends to take less of a hit than thicker on the surface...

however, road dust and whatnot, is still gonna find a way to chip or nic or whatever, when hitting it at speed. not just yours, but the speed it travels also. just my belief though.

Does glass sealtant help stop small chipping in glass. I have notice on my new Camaro the glass seems to be a bit soft. In the direct sunlight you can see micro chips in the glass. Any thoughts in this..sorry wasn't trying to jack the thread. Just figured I ask since we were on the topic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Good to see you here Andy! I appreciate your order, and hope the test comes up successful.... before and after photos of the glass with water on it would be excellent, if at all possible!:2thumbs:

Archived