Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reformulated Metal Polish vs Metal Polish #2

Reichler

Question

I can't find a true straight answer on this. Is the reformulated Metal Polish as effective and produce the same shine as the old Metal Polish #2?

My new set of CCW wheels should be here tomorrow and want to make sure I use the best polish I can find on them. I ordered a bottle of the new Metal Polish and want to know if this will give me the same shine as the guys who were lucky enough to have the old #2.

16 answers to this question

Hmm, I'm seeing quite a few people who swear applying the polish with a latex glove and working it by hand works best on polished aluminum wheels. These guys happen to own CCW wheels as well.

I polish them using a latex glove.

Do not polish your CCWs with microfiber towels.

This is a direct quote from a guy with CCW's on ls1gto. He polishes them with a bare latex glove then removes the polish residue with a top quality microfiber.

I would like to reiterate that if ANYONE has an issue with an Adams product PLEASE call Adams and they will happily refund 110% of your money back or make it right with you in another way.

Chris

Yeah that's what I was thinking but have been beyond confused by reading this. Say we put that latex glove theory to bed. What about a microfiber cloth vs any of the hex applicators? I have all of the older style applicators plus a few new Americana applicators. I'd assume either as you stated the blue applicator (or even maybe a yellow?) would work better than a microfiber since it won't tend to soak up the polish as much? Would an Americana applicator be even better?

Hmm, I'm seeing quite a few people who swear applying the polish with a latex glove and working it by hand works best on polished aluminum wheels. These guys happen to own CCW wheels as well.

This is a direct quote from a guy with CCW's on ls1gto. He polishes them with a bare latex glove then removes the polish residue with a top quality microfiber.

Charlie if you use this method, be sure to give us a update on how well it worked!:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris! I'm assuming that the people stating that #2 is unbeatable have just not tried the newly reformulated polish yet?

I'll be interested to see if this polish brings out any more shine than how they come directly out of the box from CCW.

EDIT: Awesome thanks Dylan.

Anytime Charlie!:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris! I'm assuming that the people stating that #2 is unbeatable have just not tried the newly reformulated polish yet?

I'll be interested to see if this polish brings out any more shine than how they come directly out of the box from CCW.

EDIT: Awesome thanks Dylan.

Yea Charlie the New Metal Polish will give you the same results as the old #1 & #2 MP, with less work and steps! IMHO! Post up some pics when done!

Check it out!:2thumbs:

The easiest, safest, and best way to polish metal surfaces!

Adam's Metal Polish was reformulated to be a stand alone, one-step Metal Polish. Using the same jeweler's rouge that we used in the #2, our new Adam's Metal Polish brings the same amount of gloss to brass, billet, stainless, chrome, and nickel.

Adam's Metal Polish is a pure liquid formula, does not scratch and is safe to use on delicate metals. Guaranteed 110% to outshine any Metal Polish!

New 4oz size or 16oz Available!

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKAKkEhSsg&hl=en_US&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

Chapter 21 - Metal Polishing

Archived