Customer Service 866.965.0400

Self-Venting Gallon Tap Spout

i dont see how a spout would be any less effective on 1 gallon than a 5 gallon? it would just empty sooner, but same function

in order to get that you must buy a 5 gallon product [which many of us don't do] and the spout is attached to the jug, making it not reusable.

if he sold these gallon spouts, you could easily screw it on any gallon refill jug you order for ease of filling up your spray bottles. once that gallon is gone just unscrew the spout and put it on your next gallon.

The problem with those (and one we document on the 5 gallon page of the site) is they leak.... A LOT! Plus our gallons don't exactly sit well on their sides.

They're a requirement on the 5 gallons simply b/c of the design of the jug, but on the 1 gallons I much prefer these since you have to store them upright:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-125-adams-gallon-pump.aspx

Also works with thicker products if you happen to have old VRT in a gallon, or buy leather conditioner in a gallon. I have them on all my gallons.

80097983.jpg

^ i did see those and plan to use them for my thicker product once i buy gallons of those

but for things like DS it would seem like a nuisance to pump an entire bottle full when it is a free flowing liquid i could drain.

im ordering one of those spouts (no competitor plugs please) to put on my WW gallon. i will store it upright but just lay it on its side once it becomes time to refill.

i can check back with results if anyone is interested

^ i did see those and plan to use them for my thicker product once i buy gallons of those

but for things like DS it would seem like a nuisance to pump an entire bottle full when it is a free flowing liquid i could drain.

im ordering one of those spouts to put on my WW gallon. i will store it upright but just lay it on its side once it becomes time to refill.

i can check back with results if anyone is interested

That pump moves a lot of fluid... I've never done a count but I'd estimate no more than 6 pumps to completely fill a bottle from empty to full which certainly isn't a lot.

Simplicity IMO... why bother with multiple types of taps when one tap can do all the jobs? Much lower chance of spillage, no leaks, don't have to move the gallon from its side to upright or back, works with creams or liquids, just all around makes a more simple solution.

well you have changed my mind! I like the look of your set up and while thinking about it, the vertical pumps would prob save time.

it would take less time/effort to hold an empty bottle up and do 6-10 pumps than to pull the jug out of its storage location, lay it down, drain, and then put it back in its location. too bad they are $8 instead of $4 ahah

thanks for the advice!

That pump moves a lot of fluid... I've never done a count but I'd estimate no more than 6 pumps to completely fill a bottle from empty to full which certainly isn't a lot.

Simplicity IMO... why bother with multiple types of taps when one tap can do all the jobs? Much lower chance of spillage, no leaks, don't have to move the gallon from its side to upright or back, works with creams or liquids, just all around makes a more simple solution.

:iagree:

I use the pumps on all the gallon products I have from Adam's.

The only problem I have come across is that the thinner liquid products tend to drip a lot after you pump them. It really wouldn't be a huge problem but the Undercarriage Spray tends to stain things.

I was thinking about getting one of those mats they put behind bars that the taps drip into.

I use the pumps on all the gallon products I have from Adam's.

The only problem I have come across is that the thinner liquid products tend to drip a lot after you pump them. It really wouldn't be a huge problem but the Undercarriage Spray tends to stain things.

I was thinking about getting one of those mats they put behind bars that the taps drip into.

Note the drip trays in the picture... cheap kitchen drawer organizers is all they are. Got them at target in the kitchen section for a couple $ each. They have a removable rubber insert in the bottom. Any drips are caught there... then I occasionally pull them out and clean them. The dimensions work well too b/c they're just a little longer than 2 gallons next to eachother and just deep enough to line up under the spout if you push them up against the base of the gallon.

80097983.jpg

Note the drip trays in the picture... cheap kitchen drawer organizers is all they are. Got them at target in the kitchen section for a couple $ each. They have a removable rubber insert in the bottom. Any drips are caught there... then I occasionally pull them out and clean them. The dimensions work well too b/c they're just a little longer than 2 gallons next to eachother and just deep enough to line up under the spout if you push them up against the base of the gallon.

I guess I'll have to run to Target or Walmart one of these days and see what they have to offer.

We have those spouts on our equipment wash detergent at work and they leak real bad. I am almost finished my Gals of Detail Spray. I plan to buy myself a 5 Gal DS and will chime in on how the spout works.

I have a 5 gallon and it works OK, but I tip it up on its back to keep it from leaking. My biggest issue is the outlet doesn't fit IN the bottles. Gallons containers yes but not the spray containers.

Personally, I old school it. I take supplied funnels and screw them on to my containers and pour the fluid into them. :o Cheap, easy, and nothing to break!

Archived