Customer Service 866.965.0400

Atlanta welcomes The Junkman Back!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you did...now don't try to change your tune..LOL

<TABLE id=post174111 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid" id=td_post_174111 class=alt1><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset">Originally Said by Junkman2008 viewpost.gif

Okay, the scratches that your fingernail catches on will have to be wet sanded out, period. You cannot buff any scratch all the way out if your nail catches on it. You can only hope to diminish it by buffing. As for the scuff marks that your fingernail doesn't catch on, those can be buffed out using SHR with a orange pad. You shouldn't have to break out the green pad and SSHR but that's always an option. You may have to make multiple passes but if they are truly scuff marks, they will buff out. You should NOT be thinking about using a rubbing compound because that is not your area of expertise, and you'll have to fix the damage that a rubbing compound will do to the paint. That makes a small problem a bigger one and more work than necessary. Don't be that guy.

Now they could be clear coat failure, although I doubt it. If it is, the only thing that will fix it is repainting. Keep that in mind while working on it.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok, thanks AJ...I guess I'll work on it next weekend and see what I can do.

<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid" class=alt2>user_online.gifreport.gif </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls -->progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif <!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post 174111 popup menu -->

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Saintmike</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to Saintmike</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find More Posts by Saintmike</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Add Saintmike to Your Contacts</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / post 174111 popup menu --><!-- / close content container --><!-- / post #174111 --><!-- post #174113 --><!-- open content container -->

<!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --><TABLE id=post174113 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 0px solid" class=thead><!-- status icon and date -->

post_old.gif Yesterday, 08:12 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid" class=thead align=right> #19 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #999999 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid" class=alt2 width=175>Junkman2008<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_174113", true); </SCRIPT>

"Detailing Devil Dog"

mod-y.gif

image.php?u=90&dateline=1267263684

View User Album Posts: 5,189

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid" id=td_post_174113 class=alt1><!-- icon and title -->icon1.gifRe: Scuff marks

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999; COLOR: #999999" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'll be doing a detail clinic in Atlanta in April. If you bring it by, I'll fix it for you including those long scratches. :)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

<!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So how do we go about getting the Junkman to show up for ZdayZ in May...

It will be held at the Fontana Village Resort at the Dragon... Which should be just down the street from the Junkman's Garage...

Just 5 hours and 20 minutes away from my front door. Hmmm... that's really doable. Where's the info?

Bartles & James lol!

:D

I'm old school. I don't think they make that stuff anymore!

I'm going to kick your butt AJ...I told you to come to my Dragon event (end of April!)

No really...it would be awesome if we could really set up a tent for next year's event to display Adam's stuff.

Well, it's not the end of April yet my little chick-a-dee! Direct me to some information! The biggest turnout gets dibs! You have an advantage too! :D

http://www.minisonthedragon.com/2011_intro.php

557 people registered

375 MINIs registered

Registration is still open...would love to see you represent Adam's. The only thing is finding a place to stay. Everything is booked solid for a 20 mile radius. :o Thats why I said next year so a booth can be setup and maybe Steve can come up with plenty of product.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I got the days off...guess I will get to meet the Junkman and take him up on his offer to fix my front bumper problem areas. I will have no problem chipping in on his dinner check after.

Ok, I got the days off...guess I will get to meet the Junkman and take him up on his offer to fix my front bumper problem areas. I will have no problem chipping in on his dinner check after.

You should start a little saving account right now, the man can eat with the best of them :lolsmack:

Archived