Customer Service 866.965.0400

How cold is too cold for Americana?

Captain Slow

Question

FWIW: I just finished putting a coat of Americana on the parts of my G8 GT that weren't repainted after my collision. Outside at the moment it is 46* F and sunny. I did just as I would in summer time, overlapping one panel at a time. It went on easy and by the time I was finished applying to the one panel it was easy to come off the last panel. I did do something I've never done in summer. I waxed it in full sun to make sure the surface was warm enough to get the wax to haze over. It worked! She's protected for the rest of the winter and I'm a happy camper.

I love this stuff more and more every time I use it. :drool: Thank you for such a top notch user friendly product. :thumbsup:

Though that lid can sometimes give me troubles...........:glasses:

I wonder, does this constitute anything close to ice waxing?

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9567

I didn't take any pics because of the mess left by the hack washer dude:loser: at the body shop has left my once near flawless finish a sea of swirls, holograms and light scratches. :(:eek::mad::willy:

They apparently cleaned it with one of the following:

greenpad.jpg

OR

steelwool.jpg

Plus when I was using the clay bar the finish felt like this:

elypix2058Largee-mailview.jpg

Anyone want to guess what I'm doing the first warm weekend this spring?

Hint: :pc:

13 answers to this question

It was in the mid forty's today, I did leave my Americana in the garage, it's not heated but fully insulated in the mid to upper fifty's I took in the house to take the chill off. This is the first time I really used it, (other than a test on the hood of my Ranger) I did the wifes Sable and I was very pleased. It's not cheap but it's awesome, easy on and off the tub should last for many waxing.

Sandra Dee, I'm feeling your pain.

Here is what I am talking about. The vehicle is covered in this kind of swirlage.

PostcrashrepairONRwashandinspection1-29-11004Largee-mailview.jpg

PostcrashrepairONRwashandinspection1-29-11001Largee-mailview.jpg

They received it in far far better shape than they returned it in....well except for the dents...

GirlsOctober2010091Largee-mailview.jpg

I have the week of April 26, 2011 penciled in at work for vacation. This will be 90 days from paint and according to the body shop guarantee I'm good to go for polish.:pc::banana:

BTW: I'm so embarrassed by the swirlage that I scraped off the Adam's stickers. I had them send me some more in my last order so this April I'll put 'em back on.

Amen Brotha....I am waiting my 90 days to do the whole car at once myself....

and they were proud of themselves because it was relatively clean with pretty tire dressing on the tires...which I ignored and looked at the paint...UGH....

We will be busy in April!:pc:

Amen Brotha....I am waiting my 90 days to do the whole car at once myself....

and they were proud of themselves because it was relatively clean with pretty tire dressing on the tires...which I ignored and looked at the paint...UGH....

We will be busy in April!:pc:

What is with people thinkin, "A little tire shine make that paint pop!"????????

April is so close but so far away! :rockon:

A follow up:

Today I gave her a quick bath and remembered that I had not clay barred the windows last time due to time constraints, the two and a half year old variety. I clay barred all the windows with my new Adam's Clay Bar and Detail Spray....my hands smell so good right now.YUM! :drool:

I finished up the other 'not to be replaced glass treatment' and made room for Adam's Glass Sealant.

I have 6 days open on the calendar in April (22-27) for finish revival. I plan to wash and clay bar day one, engine, tires/wheels, undercarriage and trim on day two, then serious polishing each remaining day. My goal is perfection and I've got the knowledge and products to do it, I can't wait!:pc::banana:

Archived